HubSpot Ideas

lrodriguez

Allow Custom Deal Properties that are formatted as currency to be multi-currency

It would be very useful if HubSpot automatically assigns the Deal's currency to the Custom Deal Property formatted as currency or if at least it gives the option to select the currency you want to use on the custom property, as of right now the amount that is set on the custom property is the one chosen on the Account Default settings.

Thanks!

68 Replies
RichardDuff

When creating a custom property for deals that is a currency type

HubSpot does not translate the currency into the selected currency for the deal

and defaults to the user login currency

or am i missing something?

Kapil_Arora
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi Richard,
HubSpot let you add multiple currencies in your HubSpot instance and you can set one as default currency.  For other currencies, you can set the exchange (conersion) rate and while you create the deal in other currency it will automatically convert that into default one and will show you the total deal pipeline. You can read more about it here: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/add-and-edit-your-account-currencies

Also, HubSpot provides a default field "Amount in company currency" in deal properties which is a calculation field which can also set according to some formulas.

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 2.01.41 PM.png

I hope this will help. If yes, please upvote so other users can also be benefited with this. 

RichardDuff

Hi

Thanks for that and I am well aware of the mulit currency option which indeed is set up in our instance of HS

However my problem is where I have added a custom property of type currency where a second value in the local currency is added to the deal. For example sold deal for implementation at $100 and also service in second year for $45 - this second sales value is set as a custom property type currency in the deal but does not translate to the local currency selected in the deal

Reverts to £ only

deal.png

Regards

Richard

LauraTufis
Participant

Indeed, this would be very helpful. We use quite a few custom deal properties (number | currency) for reporting and not being able to use different currencies is affecting our reporting. Thanks!

Exotix

Hi Richard,

Have you got any solution for this?

I've got the same problem with the secondary fields created.

There is not a problem with the deal/company currency when just using the OOB Amount field but if you pretend to use that deal/company currency for a bespoke field it doesn't work.

Thanks,

JackieZeng
Participant

Our company is facing the same problem, we need more currency properties other than "Amount"

However, it seems that only this deafault property has multi-currency functions

EmmaDavenport

I need this too, upvoted.

Please people remember to upvote the idea rather than just posting - Hubspot will not see it as priority otherwise

ClemOaky
Participant

This makes so much sense! We are automating certain custom deal properties (and company properties) to our Accounting / invoicing system and this is a true challenge at the moment.

Surely more companies are not selling in only 1 currency, this would make a lot of sense to develop!

kavita
Participant

Need this too please! 

joeolsenmm
Participant

This is one of the top 10 (maybe top 5) enterprise flaws in HubSpot. Even adding a deal currency type default would be ideal.

Then on reporting I should be able to see a column option for number (currency) in deal currency and/or selected currency (ie a drop down from my currencies).

Lastly, can you please, please, please add the ability to update currency with an API call. It's ridiculous that you have to go into an interface in admin settings to change it. And when you use 20 currencies like we do, it's not even practical.

Our process right now for number fields that need currency conversion to show diff currencies.. We use Zapier to run a series of API calls to convert amts to various currencies and then update the deal records - EVERYTIME THEY ARE UPDATED. That means thousands of API calls a day for no reason and two third party subscriptions (Zapier and Curr Converter) in the mix. It's so incredibly dumb and a waste of resources. We also have 3 fields (revenue, cost, net) for each currency so we can report on it. Think about that for a second!!!

Hubspot - stop building chat bots and fix the system. 🙂

JackieZeng
Participant

Need the multi currency functions on other properties created by oursevlves too. Thanks!

charliepinker
Contributor

Agreed - we have multiple commercial properties but they show in the company currency not the customer currency.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Since there's a feature for an account to have multiple currencies, the option to select a currency should be given when inputting a value into a custom amount property with currency formatting too! 

Mridvika

upvote - need the currency format to take after the Currency type selected while deal creation as opposed to the Account defaults.

cr62892

If I create a deal 'amount' using revenue I can currently change the currency.  If however I then create another deal property using currency then It only uses the default company currency and this is not right.  All deal financial properties should follow the same current selected for 'amount'

Simeinsyd

Very much need this feature. Needed for comapnies that run international operations and sell in different currencies.

TH1
Participant

This is a really good idea and I am surprised it has so few votes.

There are many use cases where we might want to have a custom currency property in local currency. 

The best workaround we have is to use 2 separate properties. One a Number and the other a Dropdown containing possible currencies. This is not possible to report on within HS but works well for exported data but does limit the insights available.

Quantilope_Mat
Participant

We also really need this to properly reflect our deals.

US reps tend to be slightly confused if their deal values in custom properties show up as €.

So please get this on the roadmap to make using one HubSpot instance for several business units across the globe more viable.

JohnFenton

Very necessary for us - need a One-Off & an ARR field in Currency.

One of the major reasons we're considering migrating.

edstennett

Migrating from Salesforce and not having this in place is causing us all kinds of problems with reporting.