Allow Contacts to have Deal Roles

When we have multiple contacts on a specific deal in the CRM, it would be great to assign roles to each. This could be a standard "deal role" dropdown field/property. So I can pick "Champion" or "Decision Maker" or whatever.

Or if you are dealing with an Agency, who has contacts on both sides of a transaction, could be "Buyer" and "Seller" or "Seller's Agent" and "Buyer's Agent."

With only a few deals or a few contacts on a deal, this is not a problem, but in larger, more complicated transactions, there may be many different types of contacts. Attorneys, agents, lenders, investors, and more...

HubSpot updates
changed to: In Planning
Jun 2, 2020

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. The ability to set roles between any two relationships is something we have been investigating on the HubSpot Product team. As a result, I'm going to move this idea into the "In Planning" stage.

In fact, we’re looking to interview customers to learn more about their process and get feedback on a few solutions we’re exploring. Please fill out this quick survey if you’re interested in participating. If you meet the criteria we’re looking for, a researcher from HubSpot will reach out to schedule a 60-minute call, and as a thank you we’ll send you a $50 gift card upon completion of the study.

21 Replies
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator
updated to: In Planning

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. The ability to set roles between any two relationships is something we have been investigating on the HubSpot Product team. As a result, I'm going to move this idea into the "In Planning" stage.

In fact, we’re looking to interview customers to learn more about their process and get feedback on a few solutions we’re exploring. Please fill out this quick survey if you’re interested in participating. If you meet the criteria we’re looking for, a researcher from HubSpot will reach out to schedule a 60-minute call, and as a thank you we’ll send you a $50 gift card upon completion of the study.