HubSpot Ideas

sarahdecarlo

Allow Collaborative Editing/Comments on Knowledge Base Articles

HubSpot already allows commenting on many different types of assets, including website pages & blog posts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/campaigns/add-comments-to-your-hubspot-assets

Can this functionality be added to the Knowledge Base Article editor too? This & the ability to view article revision history (also available on website pages) would be a huge value-add.

9 Replies
bisuijk
Participant

Editing history (along with the HubSpot user who made that edit) could be added to this "collaborative editing/comments" feature too. Thanks for suggesting!

sarahdecarlo
Participant

@bisuijk Yes, that would be huge!

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Please add comments to Knowledge Base articles, would be very helpful and consistent with other processes

CKurata
HubSpot Employee

Hi Team, 

Commenting here on behalf of a customer. 

Use case:

When editing/publishing knowledgebase articles, we discuss internally with the team. 

Currently, since there are no "collaborative editing/comments" feature for knowledgebase, we :

1. Copy the parts we need to discuss to an external tool, and discuss there for existing articles. 

This creates friction as we need ot keep going back and forth between HubSpot and external tool to identify where in the whole article we copied the editing part from. 

2.  When creating new articles, we draft it first in a separate tool where collaborators can comment, then copy over the finalised version to HubSpot, requiring us to use a completely separate tool from HubSpot. 

Having the "collaborative editing/comments" feature for knowledgebase will remove these barriers we are currently facing and help the team collaborate more efficiently and effectively.  

FGillet

@CKurata This use case is the same as the one I have. The addition of this feature would make me use only Hubspot from the start of the writing to the publishing which would be awesome! 

kingle

We have the same use case as @CKurata and @FGillet - drafting articles in Word or Google docs, holding all internal discussions and revisions there, then copying the final content into HubSpot. It's a clunky process for initial article creation. Cut-and-paste content from a word processing application sometimes doesn't behave correctly in the KB, which costs me time. Sometimes what "worked" visually/pedagogically in the external doc doesn't end up working well in HubSpot due to its limited formatting options...so we have to go around again back on the "finalized" document. It's even more clunky for later revisions and improvements. 

We are transitioning our customer-facing knowledge bases to HubSpot from a tool we've used for years that supports a content creation workflow (draft/comment/revise/approval) as well as maintenance and auditing tools - happy to expound on these features to anyone interested. We're making the transition for the more seamless customer experience and the usage insights, but I'm really struggling with the loss of functionality from a creation and maintenance standpoint. 

LPoupet
Participant

We have the same issue in our company, we strongly support this idea !

SSuomela

This would be so handy! I wonder why this funtion is not supported in Knowledge Base? Especially in Knowledge Base, commenting and corrections are important and necessary when a lot of content is produced. 

sarahdecarlo
Participant

I saw another Product Update today related to enhanced commenting on HubSpot assets, but still nothing for the Knowledge Base. @hubspot is this planned?? Still a big pain point for us.