HubSpot Ideas

APlocinik

Allow Automated Emails with A/B Test enabled to Be Used Across Multiple Workflows

The A/B functionality for automated emails that was recently released to beta is great, however it is very disappointing to not have the ability to use A/B enabled Automated Emails in multiple workflows. Right now the workaround is to clone and add, but that causes a mess of duplicate emails and makes reporting dispersed throughout a few emails as opposed to just one email.

We are a global organization and have separate nurture workflows for US, EMEA and APAC and do use quite a bit of the same emails across all three. I don't really see a good reason why you shouldn't be able to use the same A/B email cross multiple workflows. Once this is released fully from beta maybe this will changed? But as of now it is not the case.

1 Reply
csymphony
Participant

I have this problem too and it's caused a mess for sales and marketing, royally screwing up reports in particular. I originally added a set of emails to Workflow A, but kept getting errors. I removed the set of emails from Workflow A then tried to add them back. Now, Hubspot won't let me save those emails to Workflow A. It shows this error message:  

• Action is invalid: AB_EMAIL_MULTIPLE_WORKFLOWS
The thing is, these emails are not being used in any other workflows.

I contacted support and they said that if an automated email has ever been used in a workflow, even as a test/placeholder, you can never use that automated email in another workflow again. Apparently you can't even remove and re-add them to the same workflow. Sounds like a bug.

There's no way for me to see if my emails were ever used in other workflows (I didn't think they had been), so Hubspot support kindly looked into it for us. They said the emails I want to add to Workflow A can't be added because they were previously used in Workflow B. But I checked Workflow B revision history and at no point do I see the emails in question ever having been part of that workflow.  

This is extremely limiting. Workflows and emails should be editable; otherwise you have one shot at building a workflow with automated emails, and if you want to make any changes you risk losing all of your data. My team has spent hours trying to troubleshoot the problem so we can retian original email performance records within the desired workflow. We've gotten different workarounds from different reps but they all boil down to "just rebuild the emails/campaigns from scratch."

Hopeful there's a better solution on the way.