HubSpot Ideas

JimMartin

Allow Admins to make fields required

For both contacts and company fields, allow the Admin to make fields required.

9 Commentaires
Statut mis à jour : Needs Detail
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hey @JimMartin here are step-by-step instructions on how to make a HubSpot form field required: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-make-a-form-field-required

I'm not sure I understand your request above. Are you using HubSpot forms in this case or populating fields in-app on the Companhy/Contact record? 

JimMartin
Membre

Thanks @roisinkirby, but I meant making specific Contact and Company fields required - not the Form fields.

Babel_Gem
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Absoluely, we have clients who would find this extremely useful. So for example, if someone creates a new deal in the CRM, that there are fields they are required to enter before they can create it. This could cause some issues with things like automating the creation of deals in workflows, but I wonder if you could bypass the required fields for the automated part, and then the sales person is alerted to fill out the extra required fields later?

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
AndyPitre

Required fields is now in beta. 

lucilemathe
Participant

Please add me to the beta

roisinkirby

Hey @lucilemathe please check this page out, to find out the criteria for joining HubSpot's beta program and how you can apply. This feature, once fully tried and tested in Beta, will be available to all users. 

fbarnett
Membre

Would love to extend this to Deals, as well as Company and Contact. 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
roisinkirby

Hey all on May 18th (2017) HubSpot introducted Three Big Updates to Properties in HubSpot CRM (including required properties). All HubSpot CRM portals, and any Basic, Professional, and Enterprise HubSpot Marketing Portals, have access to each of these three updates. You can find out more about these updates here on the Product Updates Blog.

Ready to start updating your property setup today? Head over to your property settings now.

addison
Membre

@roisinkirby the required fields can be navigated around in the app....I wanted to make sure this bug was known.