HubSpot Ideas

LucasM

Advanced Task Options

We would like to see more advanced task management options. 

1. Improved tasks creation options
  2. More robust task filtering and sorting options

Improved Task Creation

1. When creating a task from within a sequence or workflow, adding a personalization token to the task tile would do a long way for understanding and managing tasks. 
    For example: I have a task in a sequence to call a contact.
    • Currently, my options are to have a task created with a simple name "Call contact to follow up about sequence getting in touch" and there is no differentiation in the task name between each contact. 
    • Changing the options to include the ability to add personalization tokens would enable the tasks to have unique names like "Call Brian Halligan with HubSpot to follow up about  sequence getting in touch"
  2. The tasks that are created from a Sequence should be associated with both a contact and the contacts associated company.
  3. Assign when the task needs to be completed and add the task to the task queue so many days before it needs to be completed. 

For example: I have a task in a sequence to call a contact.
    • Currently, my options are "Create task in x business days" or "Create task immediately", this makes planning the individual sales rep's day difficult as the tasks are created the same day that they need to be completed.
    • Changing the options to "Task due in x business days" and "Create task x business days before due" would make it much easier for individual sales reps to manage their time. They would know what tasks they are going to have to do each day. So on Monday, they would see the task to call Brian Halligan on Wednesday. 
  4. Adding personalization tokens to the notes of the task would be nice to have but we don't have a current use case. 

More Robust Task Filtering

1. Add the ability to sort tasks based on the associated contact or the associated company. 
    This would allow the sales rep to focus his calls on a specific company and work on one company at a time. 
  2. Add Associated Company column
  3. Add contact engagement columns such as:
    • Average page views
    • Number of page views
    • Number of sessions
    • Time of last session 
  4. Add some Lifecycle information such as:
    • Lifecycle stage

By adding these additional features the HubSpot sales task tool can make the process of completing tasks much more efficient and can enable users to focus on the right task at the right time.