HubSpot Ideas

ajwiggins85

Advanced Options for Social Media Draft Posts

• Draft Page View – At the moment, the draft listing page does not show publishing time. This means we have to click into every draft to view the publishing time, which is very time consuming. It would be more helpful if the draft listing page should when a draft is scheduled to be published vs when it was scheduled.

• Bulk Approve – In addition to having to click into every draft to see publishing time, we have to click into every draft to schedule the post. It would save a lot of time if you we could bulk approve posts.

• View Drafts on Calendar – At the moment, you cannot see social media drafts on HubSpots calendar. This makes scheduling for a month (across 4 channels) difficult. I’d like for you to add the option to toggle social media drafts on and off ono the calendar.
10 Kommentare
Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
John_Gennell
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey all,

Just wanted to reach out and let you know that you can now see the scheduled date in the Drafts view, and a new social calendar is in beta! If you have already been ungated, toggle to the calendar while in the Publishing tab (illustrated below).

Social Calendar Beta.png

If you don't see that option, fill out this form to get on the beta.

John

ajwiggins85
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thanks, John! 

yingxiong
Mitglied

Hi John,

I filled the form to get the beta, but haven't received any confirmation or reply. How long do you think I need to wait until this calendar feature for drafts can be available in our portal?

Another question: in Calendar view (not under Social, but the calendar under Planning and Strategy), will the drafts also visible? It will be nice to see all the drafted posts in the calendar along with drafted blogs, etc. without having a risk of having them accidentally published before the review process. Thanks.

Br,

Ying

John_Gennell
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hello Ying,

Your portal is ungated for the calendar beta!

We in the social product team have built out this calendar exclusively for the social tool, so the Planning and Strategy is unfortunately not going to benefit from all the work we did for the social calendar. Drafts of social posts will not show on the calendar to avoid clutter. Only scheduled and published posts will appear on the calendar.

Thanks for reaching out!

John

yingxiong
Mitglied

Hi John,

Thank you. Now I can see the calendar view for the social tool. I think in some way it makes sense to separate the drafts and scheduled posts, but it will be even nicer to see everything in one view (all under Planning and Strategy) with an option to filter. Thanks for the useful feature!

Br,

Ying

yingxiong
Mitglied

Hi John,

I created a post and saved it as a draft. It did not show up in the calendar view though. Can you advise what went wrong? Thanks.

Ying

Social post calendar view.PNGSocial post draft view.PNG

John_Gennell
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hi Ying,

Like I mentioned in my last message, drafts of social posts will not show on the calendar. This is to avoid clutter and confusion with drafts posts that do not have a scheduled date. Only scheduled and published posts will appear on the calendar.

John

yingxiong
Mitglied

Hi John,

Hmm, then the calendar view under Social is the same as under Planning and Strategy, except that it only includes social content. The request of this topic is to show drafted social posts in a calendar view, so I thought that under Social everything will appear in calendar view while under Planning and Strategy only scheduled and published posts will appear...

Br,

Ying

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
John_Gennell
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

The social calendar has been released to everyone! And because so many of you asked, we decided to also include drafts in the calendar.

Thanks for your input, everybody!

John

yingxiong
Mitglied

Hi John,

Good job! It is really helpful. I posted this good news right away! https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6437418437470883840

Br,

Ying