HubSpot Ideas

Court_CDS

Adjustable Columns in Contact & Company Views

PLEASE, PLEASE make the column width adjustable like Excel for example.  Salesforce has this capability which allows for seeing many more data points on the Contact Record.  Currently, I can see about 4-5 columns on a 24" monitor before I have to scroll over on the bottom of the page.  

75 Comentarios
NCO
Colaborador líder

@BB1

Yes - this update was rolled out by Hubspot several weeks ago; super exciting!

Unfortunately, one of the biggest issues that was not addressed in this update is the problematic placement of the edit toolbar - meaning when you are on the company, contact, or deal overview pages (among others) and select the checkbox next to a specific record, the edit toolbar that appears at the top of the list covers the column titles entirely, making it a complete guessing game when you have similar column types (ie dates) beside one another.

The resizing column widths was a much-needed update - and is a huge improvement - but the column title visibility problem is still a major issue that needs addressing. Let's hope it doesn't take Hubspot another 2+ years to get this update rolled out 🙂

Lourdes
Colaborador

Further to this, I want to be able to set my column width in "Contacts" to be as narrow as possible, by default.  Right now I spend time making them narrow, only to have them widen up again as soon as I leave and come back. 

NCO
Colaborador líder

@Lourdes 

I believe that if you adjust the column sizes and save that view as a filter, the column widths will remain as you had set them when you revisit that specific filter.

What remains frustrating with this feature though, is that when you share a filter with another member of your team, the column widths do not save and each member of your team will see the columns as you set them but will need to adjust the column widths one by one, as those do not carry over.

Hopefully, Hubspot works this out and corrects it on the next update.

Lourdes
Colaborador

@NCO, hi there, thanks so much for that workaround. That does work. (It bugs me to have more clicks than necessary, but it's better than nothing). Thank you!

wgalvin
Miembro

Yes, I need this every day! Thanks!

DidierG
Participante

Hi, It is very nice to be able to change size of any column, but minimun size is clamped : it mean if you have just a 3 digit id or a siple date your collumn size is still very big (It seems to be 15characters) .

The ideal would be to clamp to one character 🙂

DidierG
Participante

It would be great also to be able to change column size by numeric value .

rosyoutlook
Participante

It doesn't work on most of my Lists. Specifically Tasks. (works just fine for Contacts)

LY
Colaborador

Another thing that would greatly improve this is if the selected column width was remembered. Like when you save a View, it will also remember what width the columns were when you saved. Or when you adjust the width of columns on your Tasks page, it will remember the last width when you go back to that page. It's easy to change widths, but I have to change them again every time.

pchan2
Miembro

I fully agree this idea.  HubSpot, please add this feature, thank you. 

2chars
Colaborador

@NCO you're right! 

1. Column widths should be saveable / remembered - persist when sharing with teammates 
  2. Column widths should be adjustable down to one character
  3. The width adjustment mechanism is pretty rough - (this is a rather a compliment, that) it's one of the jankier parts of HubSpot - not terrible but not clean and polished like most aspects!
NCO
Colaborador líder

@2chars 

Agree with all 3 points.

One of our biggest frustrations with the header row (which has incredibly not been addressed in 3+ years) is that it becomes hidden when selecting multiple records at once.

This creates such a poor UX and should be such a simple correction on Hubspot's end.

2chars
Colaborador

@NCO why'd you remind me! haha I do have that problem every week... thankfully it's not something I desperately need but it is an odd quirk every time it happens.

ssigl
Participante

Such a no-brainer... Don't understand why this is STILL not a thing in hubspot.. Not just in the contacts and company sections, but also in the reports.

LY
Colaborador

I love what they've done with this now! Works great!