HubSpot Ideas

Court_CDS

Adjustable Columns in Contact & Company Views

PLEASE, PLEASE make the column width adjustable like Excel for example.  Salesforce has this capability which allows for seeing many more data points on the Contact Record.  Currently, I can see about 4-5 columns on a 24" monitor before I have to scroll over on the bottom of the page.  

75 Replies
NCO
Top Contributor

@jsg121 

Hi Jenna,

I appreciate the update and transparency. If you're able to add me to a list to have access to any beta version that gets released, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Look forward to staying in touch and hope to see an update here soon!

Best,

Noam

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @NCO , no problem! Will do!

DonP
Participant

Hi @jsg121,

Could I also be added to a list for beta access?

anthonyizzio

Can someone advise when the sticky header will be available?  Being able to adjust the coulums is also important.

Emanuela

Hi all. Adjusting column widths would help a lot in having more clear the scenario of your deals and to be sure that your contacts have all the proper details registred in. Many thanks ! Emanuela  

LiteGaitSRM

This would be a nice feature that I am very interested in.  I hope the update is available soon.  

MattRanson

Please add this feature!

MarkNicholls

Please review ASAP the idea of being able to adjust the column width as per an Excel spreadsheet or SalesForce. 

NCO
Top Contributor

Hi @jsg121 ,

Hope all is well.

Any update on this since our last check-in?

Appreciate the time as always.

Best,

Noam

SönkeK82DE

Please not only in the contact and company list. We need this feature in tickets and deals too.

qualido

What I don't quite get, why is the shown content of a column in any table view limited to 200 Pixels and then cut off?

Inside every table cell <td> there is a <span> with CSS rules:

max-length: 200px;

width: unset;

Removing those simply makes the clipped content visible again and I don't need to hover? It has no negative effect removing this limitation, so why is it in place?

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all (cc @NCO ), I'm happy to announce that this feature is in beta, with 50% of customer portals currently ungated. Feel free to send me a message with your portal ID if you are not seeing the resizable columns on your Contacts, Companies, Deals, and Tickets tables!

NCO
Top Contributor

Hi @jsg121,

Thanks so much for the heads up - I actually came across this update yesterday and it's most definitely a step in the right direction!

There is still one huge limitation that was not addressed though: the header row (which is now frozen) is covered by the edit toolbox when any of the company/contacts/deal records are selected.

As an example, see below for the visibility when the record is selected vs. when the record is not selected:

8.9.PNG8.9 1.PNG

The frozen header is a huge help for a lot of usages but ensuring it remains visible when records are selected is vital. I happen not to have any date properties shown, although if you have 4 different dates columns beside one another and click the checkbox next to any of them, differentiating between them is a nightmare.

It would be amazing if you were able to pass this feedback along to the product team for reference.

Appreciate your keeping us in the loop and your continued help here.

Best,

Noah 

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @NCO,

I appreciate you sending along the feedback! This is something that we're aware of and unfortunately weren't able to change this new version, but we definitely understand how this can be confusing and are continuing to look into alternative designs. I shared your specific example with the team - thanks for sharing that!

Best,

Jenna

NCO
Top Contributor

Thanks @jsg121!

Any step in the right direction is awesome although I imagine that many folks within the Hubspot community feel that the limitations still present are not ideal.

On a somewhat related note, the adjustable and frozen headers have been implemented on the main company, contact, deal pages although not anywhere else (ie. lists, tasks, reports, etc.). Any idea as to whether the team anticipates rolling that same update out to the rest of the platform at any point soon?

As always, appreciate your help here!

Best,

Noah

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

We hope to see the new header in other parts of the app in the future! I don't have a timeline for when you'll start to see the header elsewhere unfortunately, as it depends on when the teams that build the other tools are able to adopt it, but we are hopeful that other parts of the app will be updated as well.

NCO
Top Contributor

@jsg121 

Thanks Jenna!

I'll be holding my breath 🙂

Best,

Noam

aesr731

So now if I've got my Contacts pulled up, displaying 25 per page in Google Chrome at 100% zoom, I can see 11 contacts at a time. If I want to see the remaining 14, the vertical scroll bar won't display until I scroll all the way to the right. This is really inconvenient for those of us who have 10+ columns added to the Contacts window.

jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

We are live across all HubSpot accounts as of today, August 22!

BB1
Top Contributor

Surprise! It is done!! Hurray Hubspot! Check if it is rolled out for you - hover over line between columns and drag!

BTW, you were always able to make the Field name very short, and the data it contains short, and it will take up minimal space.