HubSpot Ideas

Court_CDS

Adjustable Columns in Contact & Company Views

PLEASE, PLEASE make the column width adjustable like Excel for example.  Salesforce has this capability which allows for seeing many more data points on the Contact Record.  Currently, I can see about 4-5 columns on a 24" monitor before I have to scroll over on the bottom of the page.  

75 Commentaires
Fhowes
Membre

This would be extremely useful. Be great if you could add this function. At the moment I am going back to excell to get an easier overview.

Thanks

Felix

soppenheimer
Participant

Would be a good update for the users. Highly requested feature

JR4491
Membre

Please make the columns adjustable as soon as possible... I am not sure what happened today, but I know we were able to see the full name of the Companies previously.... 

DanAtEdumate
Participant

Another upvote for this please!

tarsmart7
Membre

Please upvote this so we can have it implemented! I have many unversities with mutiple departments, and all of the top level data cuts off before the university name is even finished.

VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVersity School of Public Relations

VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVersity School of Business Management

Whereas "Number of Associated Contacts" "4" has the same amount of locked space for a numerical value field? 

DonP
Participant

Hello Hubspot,  is anyone listening?  This request is in high demand and was initially requested 20 months ago with 77 upvotes.  I'm new to hubspot and this one issue is reducing my productivity!!!  Can we get a comment from product management on the feasibility of this feature?  Please respond...

CourageouS1
Participant

Absolutely!  I saw this after submitting a new one!

RICIDT
Participant

Please implement this idea. The columns in the HubSpot CRM should be expandable to increase and decrease the limit column content visibility. 

oliverh
Membre

Is there any update on this feature request please?  Still very frustrating that this isn't available as a basic option.  Thank you

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
jsg121
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi everyone, we're getting close to releasing a new table for the contact/company/deal/ticket index page, which will include adjustable columns. We hope to open up a beta for this in the next few weeks. I'll reach back out here once the beta is open so you all can get access!

Edna
Participant

Hello,

I would like to join the Beta version. 

System no. 3850072.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Edna

rubihalfon1
Participant

Hello,

Please add us to the beta of this feature - 

System No. 3778878

Thanks!

rubihalfon1
Participant

Hello,

I really would like to join the Beta version. 

System no. 5492493.

Thank you, 

Regards,

rubihalfon1
Participant

Hello,

Please add this system to this beta - 5363262

Thank you,

Rubi

jsg121

Hi everyone, this is not yet in beta. I will post again here and update the status once it is.

SG3
Membre

The current user experience, without ability to adjust column width, is cumbersome and frustrating.  I would think this is the opposite user experience to what HubSpot desires.  The fact that name, e-mail, and phone number columns fass off the screen as I scroll right, to obtain additional column data, makes it easy for the user to lose their place

Desired, future-state:  user can see their desired columns in one screenview, allowing for efficient approach to their job. 

In the current state,1/3 of my screen's real estate (in a list and on a small travel laptop) is consumed by the "static list" column, a useless column to me.  Perhaps if the user was exclusively planted in front of a large, wide-screen monitor the current state might be less annoying, but as an on-the-go professional, it's not reality.  Having to manually scroll across the page to see needed data for each contact is very cumbersome.   I'm new to HubSpot but am quite surprised that for CRM that's been around a while, this functionality enabling an efficient workflow isn't native already.

NCO
Contributeur de premier rang

Hey All,

My understanding is that this update is in planning and a beta version has been planned for several months now.

@jsg121 - any update on a timeline for when we can expect this to be rolled out?

On top of the adjustable column title sizes, the need to incorporate an option to freeze both the header row and the leftmost column on any list or filter view is desperately needed and one that my team checks in weekly for updates on. I've done my best to upvote and comment on a number of other threads touching on this issue but cannot seem to get any response from the product team.

Hopefully, we can get this wrapped up soon.

Noah

jsg121

Hi @NCO ,

We apologize for the delay in getting this out! We're doing a significant amount of internal testing for this feature and want to make sure that it's fully ready to go before we have our customers using it.

The new table will have a sticky header row. We haven't added plans for the first column to be freezable, but I'll pass along that feedback to the team.

I will reach back out here as soon as I have any updates or when we open up the beta!

NCO
Contributeur de premier rang

@jsg121 

Thank you for the quick follow-up and update!

Exciting news and very much looking forward to this update being implemented. Not to put you on the spot, but are you able to provide any timeline or approximate date that your team anticipates the new table to be rolled out?

Again, appreciate your input here.

Noah

jsg121

Hi @NCO ,

I wish I could provide a date, but we don't have an exact one to offer right now. In terms of timeline, it's the top priority of the team building out this feature, so we will open it up to you and our other users as soon as we feel ready! We want to get it out in good shape as much as you want to get access to it 🙂

Best,

Jenna