HubSpot Ideas

Court_CDS

Adjustable Columns in Contact & Company Views

PLEASE, PLEASE make the column width adjustable like Excel for example.  Salesforce has this capability which allows for seeing many more data points on the Contact Record.  Currently, I can see about 4-5 columns on a 24" monitor before I have to scroll over on the bottom of the page.  

75 Kommentare
imartin_1983
Mitglied

Hello,

it'll be nice to have the columns width extendable (like in Excel for ex.) if you don't need to see the whole text in it. I mean, there is place for only 4 or so columns on a 24" monitor. 

Court_CDS
Mitglied

PLEASE, PLEASE make the column width adjustable like Excel for example.  Salesforce has this capability which allows for seeing many more data points on the Contact Record.  Currently, I can see about 4-5 columns on a 24" monitor before I have to scroll over on the bottom of the page.  

chelocean
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree!!!! This would be a great little thing to fix that would make a HUGE difference.

chelocean
Teilnehmer/-in

Having a column width that is adjustable would help immensely. "Website visits" and "Unique Page visits" result in extremely wide columns for a number that is typically 1 or 2 digits, meaning I can't see a lot more of the contact's info on one screen.

Emily2
Teilnehmer/-in

This is so true - currently some columns are so wide having little information and limiting us from seeing what's really important.  

MaxSalit
Mitglied

At least being able to hover over the content to see a preview of it would save the time of having to click in and leave the page

troelsfeodor
Stratege/Strategin

The hover works, but we need the ability to make text heavy fields wider, so you can quickly glance at a view and get the full picture.

Ideally, you should be able to drag the width of the column and maybe even allow it to break into multiple lines.

Example: We're using a "next steps" field for deals with a written description of the deal and what's next. The current view only makes the first 4-5 words visible. It's very slow to have to hover and wait for the full description to appear.

mhammarsten
Mitglied

This is also needed in the sequence list view. Hoover does not work in this view so you need to click on name or compay so see full length.

bruny
Teilnehmer/-in

Would really appreciate the ability to expand contact and company property columns. drag and slide, etc. I have noticed that there is an auto-resize after selecting a certain amount of contacts...but still not optimal. 

clogeais1
HubSpot Employee

It would be great to be able to reduce the width of some of the columns in Contacts and Companies. This would allow more information to be displayed on the screen without having to scroll. It would help to be able to quickly visualise the most important information about Contacts and Companies.

SarahFinnegan
HubSpot Employee

This feature would be very beneficial in both Contact, Companies and in the Deals dashboard. It allows more flexibilitiy to the user on how their data is shown. This would also be helpful to individuals using tablets on a day to day basis. Thanks guys 🙂 

Unify_Tov
Mitglied

When viewing columns on various pages, for example,  the 'Deals' page, columns are hard-sized and you are not able to expand them to view the details or adjust size to suit your view. I have several columns that are cut off and no way to see that information in it's current format. Very frustrating. I don't want to hoover over individual bits when I want to see the 'whole'. This is basic stuff when compared to any other proper CRM system. I know that functionality is lost when tools are geared up for tablet users, the 'finger tap' generation and that may be the case here as formatting a page is very different to that of a p.c 'click mouse' user. It would be much better if column resize could added.

Ainulindale
Mitglied

I agree.  I'm new to hubspot and just spent way too long trying to figure out how to do this - it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't even be possible.

Is there not a Design View type of option somewhere that could allow this?

jimu
Mitglied

I completely agree.  By making the columns adjustable one will be able to put more information upfront without having to scroll through it.    By the time you use name, phone number, and email the majority of the screen is already used and ironically it seems these very columns waste the most viewable space.  

amberfernald
HubSpot Employee

I think that this is a fantastic idea!  Most columns have very little information, and I would benefit from making them narrower.  

Jimsontheroad
Mitglied

I agree!  How can we adjust the column widths in the Company view to see the entire field?

Samanthamyers
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, PLEASE make this a feature!

Sales1
Teilnehmer/-in

I am in the same spot as Ainulindale above - I've been trying to figure out how to do it and it didn't occur to me that it was not possible!

sophiakhan
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, similar to excel, would love to be able to adjust the column width. Additionally, when reports are received via email, if we could adjust the display within those fields as well, this would be helpful to see the full title vs having to click into the details of each line item. 

jakedsnake
Mitglied

Uhhhh... yeah! Obviously. I don't understand a) why this isn't an easy fix and done already since it's clearly necessary and b) why it seems no one has answered these requests here. I saw a hubspot employee respond but all they said was "yeah, I agree." Hello???? SO MUCH effort in every area and great work done on this platform........ but adjustable widths on columns? Seems like an easy and obvious fix that should be done now. 

Or now. 

But definitely right now.