Additional workflow capability - unenroll upon email response

Add the ability to remove a contact from a workflow if contact responds to an email. 

1. Important when a contact response might warrant a different email subject or removal entirely. 

2. It is much like sequences with the added ability to measure response, click through and open rate. 

Example:

I want to enroll the user in a workflow to get feedback on the product. Plan to send 3 emails asking for feedback 2 days between each. 

Email 1 - "Hey we want to get some feedback on x"

Contact Response - "I'm not the right person to ask"

Unless I personally un-enroll the user, they will get the second and third email. 

This feature would also help with sales as you could use the workflows to enroll users in sales workflows and get reporting on the messages. 

HubSpot updates
Additional workflow capability - unenroll upon email responseHubSpot Product Team
04-06-2017

When you are creating a workflow, instead of having to manually count out how many days to delay the next action, we need a calendar option instead. A pop up calendar that we could select the date in the month we want to set. That would be so much more efficient and accurate.

Additional workflow capability - unenroll upon email responseHubSpot Moderator
05-23-2017

Hi there, 

I think it would be a very useful function to include the option "answered to email" in a workflow in goals as well as inside the filters. 

This could make the workflow tool even more accurate when it comes to contacting the right people with further emails. 

Cheers, 

Anne 

44 Replies
ajeffers

It is now almost 2 years since this idea was added to the forum. Is there any update? Would love to see this feature soon! Definitely don't want to have to manually remove someone each time, especially with a list of over 6000 emails!

AndrewSober
New Contributor

How is this not a feature yet???

If your automated email works and elicits a reply it's madness we can't automatically unenroll and prevent the person from receiving the rest of the emails in the workflow.

Consider the recipient's perspective: 1. receive email, 2. respond to email "that sounds great let's set up a meeting", 3. receive another email from the same person saying "since you didn't see my last email" - now the recipient is totally confused!

It seems the Sales Sequences product can do this, but it is a fundamentally important feature that I can't believe Workflows doesn't have yet. The absence of this feature neuters Workflow's email nurturing potential.

jimgoldstein
Occasional Contributor

This would be a critical feature to add. We don't want our customers to feel spammed.

jvalentine
New Contributor

Yes I agree with this - if the contact replies back to a marketing email, they should be removed from the workflow. It should be in the goal criteria.

gthomas
New Contributor

Hi @JamesIn thanks for posting such a detailed solution! Checking to see if you had any problems using it?

georgepwaked
Regular Visitor

Silly not to have this. Creating personalized follow up emails is necessary, and I don't understand why there isn't an option to stop sending those emails to someone that's responded.

ChiaraBeth
New Contributor

Please, please, please enable this functionality ASAP. It makes no sense that it isn't already an option. Every other email sequence automation tool that I've worked with has had this automatically built in.

My current workaround is to assign myself a task to check for replies before each subsequent email goes out and unenroll contacts where necessary. VERY time consuming, and with tasks being assigned to me on the weekends, and emails going out at 6am on Monday, it simply doesn't work.

The lack of this functionality means Hubspot's Workflows do not fully enable lean practices.

adelano

This feature also needs to have reporting capabilities.

Ex:

- if a customer replies to an email, be able to get response rate by dividing replies by total email sends (preferably in the same report)

- this should be able to be filtered by a contact or deal property as well, or part of X workflow

- "frozen" response dates i.e. if a customer first replies on 1/1/19 it should be included in the quantity of email replies if filtering by only that date. if they respond again on 1/2/19, a reply should be counted on both 1/1 and 1/2

BrittanyE
Visitor

I need this feature badly! I love sequences, but we have too many leads for me to put each one in a sequence for automatic unenrollment purposes alone. Workflows are much better for us right now EXCEPT for the fact that there's no automatic unenrollment ability based on a contact's email action (read/reply,etc). I'm struggling to even find a work-around of some sort.

It's ironic that HubSpot is an automation tool, but:

1. sequence enrollment is manual while unenrollment is automated
  2. workflow enrollment can be manual or automatic and, in this case,  unenrollment is manual

PLEASE HUBSPOT! Please create the ability to automatically unenroll someone from a workflow the same way as people are from sequences!!!!

iSchoolConnect
New Contributor

Great idea. Came here to post it myself.