HubSpot Ideas

Kidomu

Additional control option for SEO recommendations scan

It would be great to have the following options for SEO recommendation scans

(1) interrupt/cancel in-progress scan

Since scans can take several hours, it would be handy to have the option to interrupt them to re-prioritze other urls etc.

(2) allow exclusion of subdomains

If you would prefer not to include some subdomains to save time/resources e.g. to exclude the knowledge base subdomain 

9 Replies
henrypaytia

I agree with this. Currently, on our site, it is really frustrating that all our knowledge base articles get scanned in the SEO scan. Provides a lot of hassle. Would be great if you could choose what you can include in the SEO scan

a_schumacher
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all- thank you for submitting this idea. My team is interested in learning more about why you would like to either stop a SEO scan in progress or limit a scan to specific subdomain.

Is the main reason you would like one of those options to reduce the amount of time that it takes the scan to complete? Or is it moreso to reduce clutter in the SEO tool? (Or both, or other?) What kinds of subdomains would you exclude from the scan and why (I know knowledge bases were given as one example)?

henrypaytia

I think both - at the minute Hubspot is scanning over 7000+ pages on our site ranging from knowledge base articles to author profile pages on the blog. It would be great to remove these from the scan as I have tons of errors saying 'meta description missing' but no way of actually adding a meta. So better off removed.

It takes an awful long time to complete a scan when in actual fact there are probably 40 pages in total where we want the SEO reccomendations.

EHarris2

I would love to interrupt a scan because the SEO recommendation URL scan doesn't work for many of our website links. I was testing what type of links can be scanned and don't actually want those links to be scanned. I'm just trying to figure out what links an be scanned. 

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Since the full scan can take 3-6 hours, it would be nice if it were possible to rescan select pages only, let's say the ones you just made corrections/updates to, so that you can verify those changes are reflected, instead of having to rescan the entire site.

ggupta1

SEO scan recommendation are showing tons of errors from meetings pages.
meetings pages modules are read only modules and we can't update any thing in them(css and template files are not available for edit).
they are non editable.

I am trying to figure out with team but didn't find any solution.

PNavarrete
HubSpot Employee

I would add a 3) be able to access/download SEO scan history. Thanks!

ayunanisa

Can be able to access/download SEO scan history? Thanks 🙂

Ismet-M

Adding to this - the "Remove domain" in the Seo Recommendations section is just deleting all of the SEO recommendations for all domains/subdomains, but would not prevent the domain from appearing in the scan results again once the site is re-scanned.
What we need is:

• the control over what domains/subdomains have to be scanned before the scan begins
  • ability to remove specific domains/subdomains from the scan results so that they are not being added with the new scan again
  • the option to close site or subdomain from indexing through adding a "<meta name="robots" content="noindex">" or through robots.txt file are not always possible, that is why we need point 1 and 2 from above
  • Hubspot reads the "<meta name="robots" content="noindex">" instruction correctly, but does not understand the "<meta name="robots" content="none">" which is another way of putting "<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">" and is one of the recommended ways by Google.