HubSpot Ideas

DwiP

Additional alternative to bit.ly - Custom Brand Domain in HubSpot Social Tool

Currently, a user needs to purchase a bit.ly  account if they want to have a custom short domain in their Social Post. 

It would be great if there are other Link Shortener tool can be integrated with HubSpot Social Post such as Rebrand.ly

Submitting on behalf of Linda

35 Comentarios
charlesincle
Participante

I'm upvoting this. Bit.ly used to offer a basic level of service that included one custom domain as recently as a year ago. They've now moved that to a paid plan that costs $350 a year, so you can no longer use Bit.ly with a branded domain on a small scale without paying. https://support.bitly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025607351-How-to-set-up-your-custom-domain-in-Bitly

Rebrandly offers 5 domains and up to 500 branded links for free. It would be great if HubSpot offered Rebrandly as an alternative integration. Great for startups that want to scale into a paid tier without paying up-front costs. https://www.rebrandly.com/pricing

Davide1
Miembro

Branded links are extremely useful to increase Click Through Rate and showcase your brand:

https://blog.rebrandly.com/what-is-a-branded-link

YouriV
Miembro

The option to turn of shortened links would be an amazing addition to this tool! 

If I want to include my website in social media posts now, it gets shortened automatically and that's not something I want to happen. 

I hope to see this implemented soon! 

Crosswalk
Participante

All great points - I personally much prefer rebrand.ly to bit.ly, and would love for that option as a custom URL shortener, but there should also be the option not to shorten links. It makes sense sometimes - if you're sharing a long and unwieldy URL, but if you're sharing your website (www.xyz.com)  it's crazy that it replaces it - particularly when it's sometimes equally short! 

I have to go into the posted social media posts and edit it within the network to put the original URL back - not exactly a great workflow 

tracycurve
Miembro

I agree! I use Rebrandly for my campaigns and it would be amazing to have the functionality work within Hubspot Marketing Campaign tracking urls!

ARose
Participante

I agree 100%! It's one thing to have hub.ly help shorten long, unwieldly links, but to have it remove your brand with a longer, unbranded url is really stupid and not in line with any brand strategy I've ever heard about. At the very least, you should be able to turn off the hub.ly replacement option and leave your links as typed.

TRosic
Miembro

This should absolutely be enabled, it is absurd to have to pay for Bitly just to be able to "park" (double-park) the short domain, only to use it through HubSpot, never to open Bitly. Ridiculous. Please offer another solution, asap. Direct HS short link solution or using other apps. 

fsally
Miembro | Partner

I agree! Would love to be able to create a custom shortlink URL directly in HS

jassie
Colaborador

Any news on this? Why doesn't Hubspot create functionality like custom domain shorteners themselves?

fsally
Miembro | Partner

Need this

amsteiner
Participante

Upvoting! Rebrandly is a great option for our small nonprofit; Bit.ly's pricing is nuts. 

DReyes815
Miembro

definitely agree. it's tough to have to switch to bit.ly especially if you've been using rebrandly or have a subscription with another account

MarketplaceGal
Miembro

^^^^agreed!! Would love to see this 

ThomasH
Miembro

Please add this integration!

andyb
Colaborador | Partner nivel Gold

+1 for this integration. Rebrandly is a more user-friendly option than Bitly and we should always have 2+ third party options to choose from

ThomasH
Miembro
Please add Rebrandly
kristamuir
Miembro

I'm really surprised this is still not possible.

ARose
Participante
Agreed!!!
MarshallMButler
Participante

+1 👍

CincyReigns
Miembro

+1 🤞