HubSpot Ideas

DSE

Addition to "delay until event has taken place" option in workflows

Hey everyone, I was thrilled to see the function "delay until event has taken place" (probably named differently, I'm not using HubSpot in English) and to see, that I could delay an action until a contact clicked a link in a marketing email. Unfortunately, it's not possible to select which link in the email has been clicked. So here is my request to add the option to choose a certain link, I can imagine that would come in handy for others as well. 

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
December 22, 2020 08:00 AM

This is a great idea! We've been slowly adding more functionality to this "delay until event happens" action so let me take a look and see if we can bring this feature to the "clicked email link" event. Would you be expecting the ability to select from a list of links or would entering the "freeform" url be ok as well?

4 Replies
zeke
HubSpot Product Team

This is a great idea! We've been slowly adding more functionality to this "delay until event happens" action so let me take a look and see if we can bring this feature to the "clicked email link" event. Would you be expecting the ability to select from a list of links or would entering the "freeform" url be ok as well?

TomS
Participant

Adding to this thread as I also see it would be very helpful to have the "delay until event happens" trigger on a specific link in an email. We have multiple links included in our emails that are not the main CTA (like links to our social pages for instance). We wouldn't want the contact to progress to the next step if they clicked on one of those.

I think it would be nice to have the same functionality as the marketing activity filter:

TomS_0-1617349748015.png

All the best,

Afd-mark
Participant | Elite Partner

This is also where I'm looking for! I was thinking the same as TomS mentioned. So we can choose a CTA link and all other links. 

Right now we have to work around it. You can do this, by making a property and a workflow. If they click on the CTA a property will change. You can set the property change in de 'delay until event happens'.

CMarketing23
Participant

Same! In many cases you definately don't want the longer delay that the other if/then option offers for specific link clicks. Wish this would get implemented ASAP.