HubSpot Ideas

JFinestone

Adding "Other" option for a dropdown select property field (with manual single-line text input)

Why can't we add an option in a property list field called "Other" that allows you to input manual info?

For our sales CRM we have many custom dropdown select properties (customer & company information) that we use to build data on usage trends of our customers.

Ex. we are in the hospitliaty space, so we want to know which software/hardware systems our clients use. 

There are a number of industry leaders/high-volume use cases that make up the dropdown select fields, and are worth building into the custom property. BUT there are many instances where we enounter a one-off product. Problem is, we can build an option titled "Other" into this list, but not add any decsription info on WHAT the actual "Other" product is. 

I understand for marketing forms this can be done, but it can't be done by our reps/CS teams when logging internal data.

For now, our workaround is this: 

In Company Info we add a field select "Other (Enter Manual On Below Field)", and then have to create a separate field called "Other" with single-line text for the rep to write in the information.

This is obviously terrible for reporting, and hope we can have a fix!

58 Replies
ROConnor3

This should be a feature 100%. It's a bare minimum feature for pretty much all types of reporting/recording qualitative data (Basic survey software for example) 

nodell

Yes, please!  This would be really helpful and it would reduce the number of custom fields and selections for drop downs.  I really appreciate that HS wants users input and listens to your community.  In the seven months we have been on HS, y'all have already made some great updates.  Thank you!

WThomas9

Yes! This would be a great option as well!

JBergquist46
Participant

This would be awsome since it is a challenge we also facing.

Another way of soving this might be to have a field type for free text, but once you added something, it will be shown the next time you start typing.

So the first time this field would be blank and you have to add lets says a software vendor. "Software 1". For the next client and time you fill out this field, once you start typing, any matching name already typed into this field will be shown on a dropdown. This is pretty standard nowdays for almost any search field, like google search so it can't really be rocket science 😉

And the best of course would be to add the list of the companies/softwares/what ever stuff you know about so the dropdown is populated from start. Then, if you add something new, "freetext" to this property, it would be autmaticall added to the list for next time.

HDamásio
Participant

+1 for this idea

VWO

Yes this will be very useful too! We want to capture the list of tools stack our prospects are using, and the names keep evolving over time. So while we have a list of common tools that can cut down data entry time from our sales team, they can also flag out newly launched tools that caught our attention. In our case, this will be useful for both single-field select, and multi-field selects dropdowns!

FRasmussen94

This feature is badly needed! Please update once it becomes available! 

AmyT99
Participant

Yes, we would use this often, please add hubspot!

ELabuschagne

Definitely a BIG necessity for any standard reporting system.

ArtomKuranov

This is not possible? I was really expecting to find that I am just looking in the wrong place. Even simple low cost CRMs know how to do this...

DPirvu

Come on, @hubspot - it's been years. We badly need this feature.

AlPal
Participant

Would be awesome, please add this! It would be the best of both worlds!

jasonhollis

+1 for me. This seems like something that would have gotten added much earlier than the year 2023. 

creegster

yes please

Crustacean

Hubspot strikes again! The software where you pay thousands of dollars a month and every day you find some minor thing that should be a feature but isn't. You ask the chat support if there is a workaround and you either have to pay for a third party app or fork over an additional $800 a month just for the privilage of doing all the manual work required to custom code the solution. They tell you to vote on the community forum and it might get attention so you come here and find the feature you have been looking for was requested 3 years ago, has hundreds of responses from us, and has no timeline for implimentation because they simply don't care.

FDeCaulp

Yes please!!! This is very much needed for more intelligent automation and data processing within Hubspot.

JaneTran

Yes please. This feature will be super useful! 

BStrauss2
Contributor

This is critical for sales - for them to quickly select the dropdowns that then allow them to add more details during the discovery calls and to help them quickly move prospects through the deal pipeline using required fields during calls/meetings.

nodell
I agree, I keep hoping it will make the schedule soon.
MMarks

How is this not a feature yet?! @hubspot