HubSpot Ideas

Voytek

Adding hyperlink into social media post

It would be great for any marketing team to be able to add hyperlinks to different social media posts (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter). 

After taking a look at some documentation, it seems like the ability to add a hyperlinks on social post is not a functionality. Rather, when you link a page on the post, HubSpot will shorten the URL. In social channels, the only parts that can be hyperlinks would be the @ symbol connecting you to other social channels.

As mentioned in this article, it is best to paste the full URL in the social post and it will automatically be shortened to a hubs.ly link. However, adding hyperlinks feature (as it is possible creating this particular post)  would help any Marketer to create more "clean", "readable" and good looking posts.

An example:

1. Current state

As mentioned in this article:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/social/create-and-publish-social-posts

it is best to paste the full URL in the social post and it will automatically be shortened to a  hubsy.ly link:

http://hubs.ly/

2. Desired state:

As mentioned in this article, it is best to paste the full URL in the social post and it will automatically be shortened to a hubs.ly link.

10 Replies
DWilliamson

I think this is similar to what I'm looking for too. When we post to LinkedIN or FaceBook, and there's a picture, users can click the picture and it'll take them directly to our website not just enlarge the picture. This would move traffic from social media to our website and is ideal! 

yannikgrimm
Participant

This is exactly what I am after as well. I definitely feel like a more readable and recognizable Hyperlink-Text would benefit the performance of our shared links within SoMe.

PZurbrugg

Has this idea been implemented? I would also like to have embedded hyperlinks in highlighted text (that is not the URL I am linking to) in social posts. I'm pretty sure it is possible, as I have seen it done before - I just don't know how.

Anyone have a solution to do this?

CaitlinHaire
Participant

Yes, would LOVE to see this! I feel like people are a lot more hesitant to click a link when it looks like its tracked as well...

JOssa

Agreed! There are times we want to share a post with stats to support our value prop and have a cta. Being able to hyperlink a text can route readers to the source of the stat and have our main image/link preview be the cta. 

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

Very much needed! It's possible on every content publishing platfrom, so why not yet in HubSpot. Some of the ideas are submitted already in 2017! 

Such as this one: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Social-Tools/Adding-URL-to-Social-Media-Images/m-p/15677/page/2?pro...

Please fix this. 

ArielDunn
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes, We need this ASAP. We just had a client request the ability to add links to their post. 

HGorelick

YES! Hope to see a change on this soon!

BHoldren7

This needs to be remedied! Thank you for asking.

Imagry_Team

This feature already exists in the "Comments" section of the social posts. Why not implement it in the actual post? Clearly it is more beneficial in a social media post than in comments between colleagues.

ScreenHunter 154.png