HubSpot Ideas

Brycelbrewer

Adding Tags to Knowledge Base for better search functionality

It would be useful to add either hidden or visible tags to Knowledge Base Articles to ensure that they show up when searched.  Some people use terminology that we don't typically use or promote but we want them to be able to find the correct posts.

This would also allow me to view the searches on the Knowledge Base Insights to determine tags to add to articles to direct people there without having to modify the article as a whole.  

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but point me to the correct article if so and I will upvote.  Thanks!

27 Replies
david_dataton
Participant

Good idea. Adding tags to the KB would be of upmost importance - not only for search. The limit to one category and subcategory does not work well with us. 

We have multiple products that a specific KB article would cover. But the products would be in different main categories...

Best regards, 
David / Dataton

CarrieKayser

Agreed! We want this as well!

charlotte7

yes,  this is annoying.  IS there any answer to this yet?

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

stefano
Participant

Excellent idea, but it is almost a year old. Any updates on the status? We are experiencing issues with customers searching online and visualizing 15 articles in the chat.

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @stefano this feature is currently in development. I should have an update on it for you pretty soon. Could you give me more information on what problems you are experiencing?

stefano
Participant

Hi @goconnor, that is excellent news. Please keep us posted on the tags development. As for the issue, when a customer searches in the chat, the chatbot displays ALL articles that contain the words typed. That is why I was asking for updates on this feature.

RHearnRencore
Participant

As I'm in the process of moving our companies KB to HubSpot I to am keen on being able to tag articles for further organisation past that of the limited category structuring. As it is in development I can not wait for its release.

jamescooke
Participant

I'm really keen on this, glad it is in devlopment. Is there an ETA on delivery? 

Fredrikhoglind
Participant

Is there a status update on this feature?  

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Fredrikhoglind, unfortunately, this feature is delayed and will be a number of months before it is available. I will update you with any more information when I have it Smiley Happy

MarkW17

This would definitely be of benefit to our company. Please keep me updated on when this progresses.

patricko
Participant

We really need this for our customer base covering a lot of industries each with their own terminology.

Sami

I'd think this feature would be the foundation of any knowledge base. Good to hear it is under development though! Posting so I'll get notifications for further updates.

FitZz

Hey guys, that's would be nice to have this feature.

If you really need to use keywords for your KB, you can go for a tricky method, you can use embed code on your article answer.
On your answer section you need to do "insert -> embed" and just add a html tag like this one, it wont be displayed on your article and it will match if you are using the right keywords 

<span style="display:none;">Keyword1 Keyword2 Keyword3</span>

It's not a great way to do it but it's still better than nothing while waiting for the feature to be released 

insertKeyword.PNG

I hope it will help some people. Smiley Happy

Fredrikhoglind
Participant

@goconnor Any update regarding this. Right now the Knowledge base and chatbot are totaly useless. If a user ask the question

"I want help to print my latest invocie" for example they will get result from all articles wich includes I, want, help and so on for every word in the question, with ofcourse some kind of algorithm you guys have but it will still consider all the world instead of looking for high value words like "invoice" and "print". My chatbot is totaly broken beacuse of this. 

Also some Customers cant spell. If same customer would ask "Help Inovoike" or something beacuse they cant spell invoice they would get zero result. 

tracipitman

I am trying to build a knowledge base for a college and this is pretty frustrating for me. For example, I have a comprehensive article about requesting a transcript, but if search is going to turn up every article where we use the word transcript one time (which is A LOT), it's just going to confuse the students and it won't help reduce the live chat/phone requests we get, which is the goal. I'm questioning whether I should even move forward with spending the time to build this knowledge base.

Fredrikhoglind
Participant

@goconnor the fact that this is still not implemented is beyond me. 

This is a breaking bug (yes i call i a bug) that leaves the knowledgebase totaly unusable. 

What is the current plan for this? 

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Fredrikhoglind this feature is next up for us and we hope to make it available by the end of the year.

deliverables

Please have this. Our clients use different terminology and we don't want to have to manually include tags in every article