HubSpot Ideas

Stanz

Adding 'Send Internal Marketing E-mail' for deal-based workflows as well

Hi community!

We are working a lot with partners. They usually provide us with leads and get a commission when their lead buys our service.

We'd like to send our partners an e-mail whenever one of their leads has signed a contract. Basically, this allows us to notify them and have a celebration moment.

We want to use the customer's 'Deal stage' as a trigger to send the e-mail to the partner.

In the e-mail, we'd like to provide more deal properties, such as the contract start- and end date, the price, etc.

We would be able to very easily do this if we could send an "internal Marketing Email" from deal-based workflows. Currently, this feature is only available for contact-based workflow.

The issue is that our e-mail needs the values of deal properties, which we will not be able to fill if we use a contact-based workflow. The alternative would be to "send an internal email notification", but this can only be done to Hubspot users and our partners do not have a Hubspot account in our portal.

Having this option would make it incredibly easy to automatically update external stakeholders (usually partners) about certain deals. Ideal to build a strong relationship with them. 

Please add this. If anyone can help me with a work-around, please let me know. I am also available for additional questions or comments.

18 Replies
LHackett

I raised this with support and it is very much wanted for our team with a similar situation in that we want to notify external stakeholders who do not have HubSpot accounts when certain properties are updated in deals.  I've upvoted, please make this possible. We just need the ability to type in a static email address with internal marketing emails on deal-based workflows. It looks like this used to be possible (when trying to find a solution to my problem and seeing previous threads in the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lists-Lead-Scoring-Workflows/Ability-to-add-links-to-internal-notif... to name a few)

chrispower
Contributor

We have an almost identical use case.  This would be very useful for us.

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is soooo much needed. I hope this idea is being considered as a feature in the near future.

Levi
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Any updates on this idea? 🙂 This is needed!! 

WouterPollmann
Participant

This is soooo much needed. I hope this idea is being released very soon.

DenizBergmann
Participant | Diamond Partner

same here! we also need this feature!! 🙂

LMaseraGarza
Participant

Please, please make this happen. I'm not sure why it isn't already a feature.

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes! I have a bunch of use cases that require a more customized internal email than currently possible with internal email notifications. Frustrating that I can do this on Contact workflows but not on Deal workflows. 

LAccorinte

This is very much needed!!

KimM
Top Contributor

Definitely need this as well. We use these emails to automate follow-ups with suppliers based on enquiries made by clients. Although the client can make multiple enquiries (deals) so using contact-based workflows just doesn't work for this.

Our client is associated with the deal and the supplier is just a property identifier on the deal rather than an associated contact.

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Definitely needed!

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Upvoted this, have a usecase where a client wants to update stakeholders in different regions of deals closing in their vinicity yet I'm surprised this isn't doable.

Definitely need this, should really be an option already!

DLMarTech
Member | Platinum Partner

We need this too! 

LPetherick1
Participant

We also need this to make internal emails more readable! 

tcxen
Contributor | Platinum Partner

We also need this.

BPeddle

Same as above.  There are workarounds, but I'd prefer not to add fields, clone values, etc.  I feel like with a little work, you could leverage what already exists in the Contact Workflow and apply it to Deals.

BKnott
Participant

This is desperately needed for our business. 

Is there any update on this at all?

franksmiller
Participant | Elite Partner

Need, need, need - gimme some udpates, please ... 🙂