HubSpot Ideas

micleiden_BE

Adding Notes from other sources via Zapier would save tons of time.

Hi Hubspot,

For the moment we can create contact, company and deal stage via Zapier.

It would be so helpful to be able to add a Note in a contact/enterpise profile via Zapier too.

In our case:

We use Typeform to get feedback or Support identification

We have to copy/paste answer manually from TF to Hubspot

Zapier should make this connection.

Adding Notes from external sources via Zapier would save tons of time. 

11 Replies
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hey @micleiden_BE 

There is a native Typeform integration that might help you out, what you could do is create a property in HubSpot for "Typeform Response" or a name that's familiar for you, and then just have Typeform or Zapier sync that field to the matching field in HubSpot.  

Hope that helps!

micleiden_BE
Participant

Hi,

I know that and we are using it already but as a typeform can have a lot of info, it's more easy to read it in a note.

Plus, a same user might use a TF several times.

Adding a note from external source might be a priority.

As increasing more token via zapier.

micleiden_BE
Participant

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your comment.

I knew that already but it's complementary.

If you have to create propreties each time you create a typeform, you will make your list so long.. and it's not always easy to use.

A connection from Typeform (or nay zapier connecter) as a note in hubspot would solve the issue and make teams being efficient. 

richhylton

Brilliant!

Thanks Bryan

Eph

It is indeed a big big need.

Otherwise we have to c/paste notes from all other tools of our automation tools.

jeremyboyum
Participant

I wonder if there's a way to maybe bootleg this by adding an email step in Zapier via hubspot forwarding?

Typeform (response) --> E-mail or Gmail (send email)

In the to field utilize an empty box to dump submissions

In the TO field type:

[YOUR HUB ID]@forward.hubspot.com

In the MESSAGE field type:
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: contact name [open carrot]contact@email.com[close carrot] 
Date: [DATE & TIME]
Subject: TYPEFORM RESPONSE
To: [open carrot]email address you decide to send to[close carrot]

[TYPEFORM ANSWERS]

albhodi8460

I'm new to HubSpot and saw this thread.   Has there been any update on this?   I'm trying to get specific email content copied to a HubSpot note.  Using the Zapier Email Parser, I can get the content I want and send it to HubSpot.   But, there doesn't seem to be a Zapier action to add a note.   Have you found any workarounds since this 2019 post?

jeremyboyum
Participant

@albhodi8460 yes! You select the "Create Engagement" to create a note.

jeremyboyum_0-1598667078998.png

Geek4lyfee

I actually got it to work! I had to add a small delay, I think I added a .1 minute delay and then added engagement post (for notes, I added all lead information here including message information from the website form) and also associated the deal with the contact!

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 9.56.13 AM.png

paulargueta

Is there any chance you can share this ZAP with me? I am trying to duplicate it on zapier but am not having positive results. I am using dialpad and then attempting to locate the contact on hubspot based on the telelphone # but  it appears that I can only find the contact using their email address which isn't always provided on first conversation.

What I am envisioning - 1) text comes in 2) note is created on contacts profile copying and pasting the text message from the contact.

albhodi8460

We ended up having more success using MailParser.io for our use case.  Our need was to add the note to a company record rather than a contact.  The email content we are importing to HubSpot is for existing clients only.  I'm happy to share if MailParser.io is an option.  But, the email lookup is what we are using too.