HubSpot Ideas

olivia_i

Adding Contacts to Meetings created with Log Activity on Timeline

Why is there no functionality to include the appropriate Contacts with Meeting activity? This used to be a functionality and it is missing. This should be possible and it should sync across all attendees listed. 

26 Replies
casung

this is a significant loss of functionality in being able to track activity across multiple contacts at one company!! where did it go?

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @olivia_i @casung how are you currently using the Contact Record and Meetings Tools to schedule meetings? 

This Knowledge Base Article outlines how you can schedule a meeting with a contact from the contact's record - let me know if this doesn't follow your desired use case. 

olivia_i
Participant

I have not used the "schedule meeting" tool to schedule any meetings with contacts. Members of my team regularly used the "+log activity" button to log calls and meetings already held. The meeting property allowed you to associate with one or multiple contacts. This is no longer the case. 

Here is an example of a past meeting logged for record keeping using the +log activity button:example of past meeting logged for record keeping using +log activityexample of past meeting logged for record keeping using +log activity

Here is an example of what the +log meeting looks like now - without the option to attach contacts:Screenshot 2017-04-12 08.35.00.png

Why?

Gingerwald

Olivia, 

Couldn't agree more with you.

Extremely usefull feature, would be very good to have it back.

Kr, 

Jan

RoseRykowski

I meet with teams of 5 or more people at a company. My goal is to track the relationships we have with companies and each contact there. I will have to log 5-10 different meetings under each contact to log activity for those contacts. I'm very disappointed we no longer have access to add contacts. I'd love to see this added back and add additional team members to those meetings.

jsp02006

Being able to track the same meeting across several contacts in one company is VITAL. Due to this loss of functionality, I've been redundantly adding meetings to company page as well as relevant contact page and it's a waste of time. 

monmc
Participant

100% Agree. Please add back!! I rarely meet with only one person.

And while you're at it, it would be great to be able to also say the meeting was with more than 1 Hubspot user (aka my co-workers) too!

ClaireRaisin

Ditto!

Just had a meeting with 5 contacts and would like the same meeting notes (+logactivity) assigned to all the contacts.

Why can't we do this anymore?

NinaH

Please add these features back as soon as possible!

Title is extremely important when you are exporting the data via API for other systems where you need to easily and quickly see what the meeting was about.

Adding multiple contacts to a meeting is crucial to see who participated a meeting and to keep the reporting of meetings held in line. In case we would need to create a single meeting to each of the participants it would mess the target reporting of the meetings and increase the time used to log meetings.

mattschuh
Participant

I could not agree more - a significant value is lost by not being able to add one or more contacts when logging an event, or having multiple contacts associated with a single scheduled meeting.  

olivia_i
Participant

There is a work-around that I found. If you use the "Schedule" feature, you can schedule a meeting in the past and include multiple contacts. Pretty counter-intuitive, but it works. I was worried that this feature would automatically email contacts, but if you are using it to log a meeting that already occurred, it does not generate emails.

kee7eon
Participant

I agree with the psosts here! Also when a meeting is logged "manually" for each contact, it appears multiple times under the company timeline.

dclubb

I thought I was going mad this morning trying to find the functionality - crazy to pull it 😞

awenner

Bumping this. Very frustrating for those of us in enterprise sales — one meeting with a company will involve several important contacts, some of whom might show up without having booked time on our calendars. It makes a lot more sense to log those meetings at the company level and add attendees there, rather than have to create the same log message for each attendee on their own page. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Igor

I must emphatically agree with all the others

Please Hubspot give us a time line to add this back - and some hope please

VincentKeunen

Yes, very badly needed.  Allow to associate an event or note to :

- multiple companies

- multiple persons

- multiple collaborators

samuelb
Participant

@roisinkirby Any update on this please?

dbkarlsen

Please give us some feedback here. I am surprised that a CRM platform can lack this kind of basic CRM functionality.. People have now been giving feedback on this for almost a year and all you have done is update it to "Idea Submitted"? Could we please get some concrete feedback? @roisinkirby

nstone
Participant

This would be a great feature to have. Please bump this up on the roadmap.

Thanks,

Neil