HubSpot Ideas

Antonino

Add user signature to emails sent from Conversations

Hey hey, 

we would appreciate the feature, that email signatures will automatically be added when a team member replies to an email within the Conversations / Team inbox. Currently we are using snippets as a workaround, but that should not be the long team solution. Otherswise it doesnt make sense to add a team inbox  to hubspot nor does it make sense for our customers to not be able who they are in contact with. Since we are customer centric, thats not what we want 

Mises à jour HubSpot
October 24, 2019 12:03 PM

Hi folks - as Kammie described, you can add tokens to your team signature so they're dynamic based on the agent that's responding: 

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 8.16.45 AM

At the moment, you can only include agent name, but we're planning on adding agent email, phone number, and other tokens over time. 

What other customization or personalization are you looking for there? Would love to hear more so we can incorporate into future iterations of this feature! 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
October 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Excited to announce that team email signatures are now live! I just want to thank you again for all your feedback and patience with this feature. Hope you're finding it useful!!

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
October 03, 2019 10:55 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Cambria - I'm a Product Manager on the Conversations team. Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions over the past several months!

Thank you for your feedback and patience with this feature. I'm excited to announce that it's now in beta and we look forward to rolling it out to you all! 

If you want to sign up for the beta, please fill out this form.

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
June 26, 2019 06:53 AM

Hi folks - thanks or all the input on this! This is absolutely on our roadmap - we're planning to tackle this quarter. I'll update this post when I have more details on beta and release timeline.  

142 Commentaires
mkt
Participant

@kammie 

From what I can see you can add a token to include either the first name or the full name of the user replying to the email. I don't believe they have added the option for you to use your own signatures. 

We would much rather use our own individual signatures than a team signature when using conversations.

rmagness
Participant

So I don't understand why instead of signatures we are getting ablity to just add name.  I don't think this was delivered...will Hubspot just close this and we all have to start a new one to try to get this basic feature?  Can someone at Hubspot please verify?

cambria
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi folks - as Kammie described, you can add tokens to your team signature so they're dynamic based on the agent that's responding: 

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 8.16.45 AM

At the moment, you can only include agent name, but we're planning on adding agent email, phone number, and other tokens over time. 

What other customization or personalization are you looking for there? Would love to hear more so we can incorporate into future iterations of this feature! 

rmagness
Participant

Thanks!  Ideally...it would pull from the users signature.  But since you went with a new inbox signature...we also need the following users personal tokens to replicate our signature:

job title

phone with ext

email

kammie
Membre

Dear @cambria, thank you for yor message. 

That helps at some point, I would also leave my signature under last message from @rmagness 🙂 

We also use our pictures in footers, but this isn't the most important. 

I have also spotted that when sending email all images attached to the footer design are being sent as email attachment. So when I've tested that feature on Thunderbird I've received a few attached images to download that were part of footer.

This is something I went across for the first time. Is it possible to do something about it? Or perhaps it is something to do with HTML template? 

Any tip would be much appreciated Smiley très heureux

briansweat
Contributeur

We had users still using snippets in addition to the new team signature because the team signature is not displayed (previewed) in their reply.  I know the reply box is very small, but it would be good to show some indication that a signature will be appended to the message/reply.

basil
Conseiller clé

It would be great if we could have additional tokens (meeting links and ticket ID) to customise the signature.

Also it would be great if the signature would preview in the answer window.

Benjamin_
Membre

I appreciate the work that has been done, but I just cannot understand why the signature functionality is available in Tickets, but not EXACTLY the same implementation is available in Conversations?

rbarreca
Participant

We also just want to include the user's signature. Why should we have a different signature for Conversations vs. an Email sent via a Contact record? The reply-to address shouldn't have any bearing on the personality of the email IMHO.

TCGill
Membre

Has this been implemented yet?
I can't see it working.
How long does it take to get a simple use case like this implemented? 🙂 lol

sfleng
Membre

Is this feature live yet? We need it badly 🙂

Naseem
Participant

Please add this functionality ASAP please!

ulissesdias
Membre

We need this feature rather urgently!

Shakermaker
Participant

Pushing for this feature!

JPs12
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

@hubspot  This is a much needed feature. Currently it feels like a minimum viable product.

@cambria its been over a year now since you wrote "At the moment, you can only include agent name, but we're planning on adding agent email, phone number, and other tokens over time". What is the situation with this? Is it under development or simply forgotten?

I agree with @rmagness's suggestions for additional to tokens if you are unable to add the personal signature that is been used elsewhere.  

JBlair
Membre

this appears to still be an issue. please add this feature!

ChrisGe
Membre

I cannot understand how such an essential function has not been further developed for more than 2 years now. (The first request was made on 30.7.2018...) It must be possible to either select the token in the inbox or to generate it dynamically according to the use case. Especially since tokens are already available in the support inbox. E-mails are usually the first contact with the customer and these must be personalised. Anything else is not professional!

GWilcox
Modérateur HubSpot

It would be really useful to be able to add a phone number token as an option as well. I think that this would be really beneficial when sending out emails from a shared inbox! A small step to eliminate a lot of extra time spent adding it manually. 🙂

Mike_Mioduski
Membre

Hey Team HubSpot! 

What would it take to add an additional token to the Agent Token that would let me pull in the Role of the individual?  Right now i can only pull in the name elements.  Seems like an easy add since you are already pulling in dimensional data from the Agent profile. 

Thanks,

Mike

FlyingAnds
Participant

Would very much like this further developed.
Names as the only token is not sufficient, so we still have use snippets as signature when using conversations.
The agents phone number is a must, and also title.

@cambria You were talking about adding more tokens three years ago, but still only names available.
Any update?