HubSpot Ideas

Antonino

Add user signature to emails sent from Conversations

Hey hey, 

we would appreciate the feature, that email signatures will automatically be added when a team member replies to an email within the Conversations / Team inbox. Currently we are using snippets as a workaround, but that should not be the long team solution. Otherswise it doesnt make sense to add a team inbox  to hubspot nor does it make sense for our customers to not be able who they are in contact with. Since we are customer centric, thats not what we want 

HubSpot Updates
October 24, 2019 12:03 PM

Hi folks - as Kammie described, you can add tokens to your team signature so they're dynamic based on the agent that's responding: 

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 8.16.45 AM

At the moment, you can only include agent name, but we're planning on adding agent email, phone number, and other tokens over time. 

What other customization or personalization are you looking for there? Would love to hear more so we can incorporate into future iterations of this feature! 

Delivered
October 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Excited to announce that team email signatures are now live! I just want to thank you again for all your feedback and patience with this feature. Hope you're finding it useful!!

In Beta
October 03, 2019 10:55 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Cambria - I'm a Product Manager on the Conversations team. Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions over the past several months!

Thank you for your feedback and patience with this feature. I'm excited to announce that it's now in beta and we look forward to rolling it out to you all! 

If you want to sign up for the beta, please fill out this form.

In Planning
June 26, 2019 06:53 AM

Hi folks - thanks or all the input on this! This is absolutely on our roadmap - we're planning to tackle this quarter. I'll update this post when I have more details on beta and release timeline.  

142 Replies
staceykatlain

This is SO so important. I don't understand how this is not a feature yet. 

Nataliefromgmdh

This feature is extremely important!

kennyc

Please add functionality so that a standardized signature can appear on all ticket replies sent through HubSpot. We have several people replying to tickets and need to ensure that all tickets have a confidentiality message at the bottom of the reply. Thank you!

LUP
Contributor

Dont you guys have problems seeing the cc’d persons? We miss this every time! 

And attachments are not shown in the email body - a huge mistake.. All attached pictures from a signature are saved in the contact/ticket record as duplicates. Wow it’s confusing.

WisseKempenaer

This feature is needed!

It would also be nice if the 'from name' could be customized/changed when sending emails from general email addresses like sales@

user5327
Participant

Isn't it great how there has been absolutley no feedback / comment from HubSpot on this as of yet.

Hiyakker
Contributor

HubSpot only ever seem to respond if they see an opportunity to increase your subscription fee. 

Mini
Participant

Omg, this is such an important and basic feature!

When do you plan to implement it dear Hubspot Team??? 

Thanks

Japheth

+1

Cannot believe signature and autoresponder options are not available for the conversations inbox.

Andrzej

This is exactly what my Team needs 🙂

specksie
Contributor

we need this. as enterprise customer, we can't use email conversations because we legally need to have email signatures 

PatrickBell

I also have this probvlem - our company is trying to migrate from FreshDesk to HubSpot for customer service and so far we haven't been able to fully match its functionality. To have a proper email signature of your company coming from your company's team email address would be a sensible feature. Please address this. Many thanks. 

Japheth

I was trying to use Conversations as a replacement for Hubspot but the lack of signatures, autoresponders and the inability to create a new email or forward one from within the Conversations tab is a dealbreaker. 

zachallen
Contributor

This is a serious need for our Service team as well.  I'd like to have a generic signature for responding to Conversations.  

briansweat
Contributor

I assume the original thinking of NOT showing the user's signature is that Conversations may be different than email exchanges with a contact directly (from the contact, deal or ticket).  That's a really BAD assumption considering the conversations reply come from the group/generic email (e.g., sales@example.com) without ANY indication of the human (i.e., HubSpot user) sending the message.

Ironically, it's much less important to have a signature when sending a personal email (from a user's email address) from a contact, deal or ticket.  At least in those scenarios, the recipient would see their name in the from address.  Messages sent from the conversations email address (e.g., sales@example.com) without a signature feel very robotic, and will NOT encourage true "conversation".

FIX THIS, please!

swartsb22

Yes please

michellemiho

This feature would be very useful for my sales team. Three people are using our Email inbox in HubSpot and it would be great if they could each add their personal signatures to replies. It would be great if you could also add subfolders so emails can be organized in a better way. 

freewill

This should be a basic function. You can use signatures in text messages for a smart phone. Simple.

gregburman
Participant

+1, we've recently switched over from another CRM and found that this feature helped communicate to customers which sales person was handling their current query.

genejeter
Participant

We need this too! We find it much easier to work through Conversations than through Tickets, but we need all of our employees' signatures to look the same, and having to copy-paste signatures every time is really difficult. I would think signatures on Conversations messages would be a no-brainer, honestly. Please add this feature soon!