HubSpot Ideas

bellawu

Add revision history for workflows and forms that shows which users modified

We should be able to see which team member made which changes and at what time and date to both workflows and forms. This would add accountability for large teams that work collaboratively.

HubSpot Updates
November 07, 2019 08:57 AM

This feature (Revision History for Contact Workflows) is currently in private beta! This feature will be available as part of a broader under-the-hood renovation: moving contact workflows to our new workflows system.

Fill out this form to request earliest available access for your account, which will happen when we begin public beta, over the course of the next few weeks: https://forms.gle/oUkexNjHvqoKV4Bt7

When access is given, your most recent contact workflows (those created after August 5th) will be moved to the new workflows system, which gives access to this feature and more. To move an older contact workflow to the new system, you can do so by cloning it: every newly created workflow in your account will then live in the new system.

Please note that once you are opted into the new system, you cannot be opted back out. Read about all of the changes the new workflows system will bring, here: A New Engine for your Workflows 

Delivered
June 19, 2019 12:13 PM

Users now have the ability to see what a workflow looked like at the time of a specific workflow history event. This is currently only available in deal, ticket, company, and quote-based workflows, and will be available in the future for contact-based workflows. Learn more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/view-your-workflow-history#revision

Again, this update is for workflow revisions only, and you can add your usecases and upvotes to the below linked forms idea, if you would like to continue the conversation around this functionality for the forms tool:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-Revision-History-for-Forms-GDPR-Requirement/idi-p/186263

20 Replies
vinnypoliseno

This would be a great option to add into Workflows. I love the visual update this would be a the cherry on top similar to what we see within the Design Manager.

Ingleslenobel
Participant

forms would be handy

Karena
Contributor

Two other  posts ask for generally the same feature. HubSpot, your people want this ability! 

psridhar

Yes, this would be an extremely useful feature to have. Especially with workflows, the fact that we cannot track changes now, makes it impossible to debug data update issues we run into.

ausafshaikh17

So someone mistakenly changed the emails in the workflow that I created. It would be really helpful that if we're able to check the revision history to understand who made the changes as it makes it easier to find solutions to the problems.

haokun
Totally need this in workflow! It's so important to have some version control for these setup

Definitely agree Must Have audit trackers on Workflow and Form

aly-marketing

Does this feature remain nonexistent in HubSpot?

KennethDahl
Participant

I agree ! We need this when working in big teams

swilliams

Yes absolutely as I work for a company with 8 clubs and multiple forms 

JohnS63
Contributor

Yes this is a great idea and much needed. Slightly strange how other parts of Hubspot have revision history but not the workflow module where it's just as important to keep track of changes. 

Rbanga
HubSpot Employee

Hello, commenting on behalf of a customer who is looking for a similar feature. 

Use Case: 

My customer is an account admin, who would like to be able to see which changes were made by which user in the portal. 

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Users now have the ability to see what a workflow looked like at the time of a specific workflow history event. This is currently only available in deal, ticket, company, and quote-based workflows, and will be available in the future for contact-based workflows. Learn more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/view-your-workflow-history#revision

Again, this update is for workflow revisions only, and you can add your usecases and upvotes to the below linked forms idea, if you would like to continue the conversation around this functionality for the forms tool:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-Revision-History-for-Forms-GDPR-Requirement/idi-p...

ramatoG2
Contributor

Glad to see the functionality has been added for workflows! Hope the functionality is soon added to forms as well. 

rcusma

Is there an updated on when revision history will be available in contact-based workflows? There was an update a few months back stating it will "be available in the future." 

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

This feature (Revision History for Contact Workflows) is currently in private beta! This feature will be available as part of a broader under-the-hood renovation: moving contact workflows to our new workflows system.

Fill out this form to request earliest available access for your account, which will happen when we begin public beta, over the course of the next few weeks: https://forms.gle/oUkexNjHvqoKV4Bt7

When access is given, your most recent contact workflows (those created after August 5th) will be moved to the new workflows system, which gives access to this feature and more. To move an older contact workflow to the new system, you can do so by cloning it: every newly created workflow in your account will then live in the new system.

Please note that once you are opted into the new system, you cannot be opted back out. Read about all of the changes the new workflows system will bring, here: A New Engine for your Workflows 

bchua

It's great that we have this feature now! But I think we're only able to see that there was some changes made by xxx user, but we're not able to point out exactly what the changes were made. It would be great if we could have a functionality to point out each exact change made by that user during that revision (think Google Sheets version control).

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi, just checking in here for a customer.

It's great we are able to see changes to past workflow, but are we able to also have the ability to restore a previous workflow version? Seems to me that we are not able to do that. For restoration, only if the workflow is completely deleted can we restore it.

Would love to have that feature

nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

I agree with @bchua - It's great to have a timestamp of when and what type of changes were made, but it's not very useful if you are not able to see exactly what part of the workflow changed. This is especially important for workflows that have many branches and steps. 

TanyaQT
Participant

Need it for forms and workflows. I would like to be able to see who and what has been changed overtime.