HubSpot Ideas

BHo

Add required stage properties for custom object pipelines

Similar to Deals, it would be great to have the option to set required stage properties for custom object pipelines.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
January 12, 2022 02:19 PM

Hey HubSpot Community,

Thanks for feedback. 

Adding Pipeline Property Requirements for custom objects is on our radar. First, we're fixing the infrastructure that powers required properties. We're targeting end of this year. Ill be sure to post updates as we continue to plan.

26 Replies
GEiselt
Contributor

+1 for this. Really important for our team members to be prompted to review a specific series of properties before marking a custom object record as closed!

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot Community,

Thanks for feedback. 

Adding Pipeline Property Requirements for custom objects is on our radar. First, we're fixing the infrastructure that powers required properties. We're targeting end of this year. Ill be sure to post updates as we continue to plan.

JBrillinger
Participant

Thank you. I've upvoted for this as well. My Sales Director is requiring this. 

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@ybaptiste Thanks for adding feedback on the timeline. Is this still being targeted by the end of the year or maybe sooner?

EmilyN3
HubSpot Employee

I'm writing this on behalf of a customer- but this would be an amazing feature! 

GEiselt
Contributor

Any updates here?

Ezra_Wilson
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Would be good to get an update on this - it is hamstringing Client projects as we speak!

Justin_Anderson

Yeah, we definitely need this. We're using a custom object as a post-sale "project coordination tool" so that all team members are updating delivery on the same project.

Sufficive to say, when we're working with multiple people it's absolutely critical we have that "Update Stage Properties/Required Fields" prompt every time they move the project to the next stage to make sure nothing is missed!

Justin_Anderson

Anyone know if this is possible to do via the API even if it isn't available on the front-end yet?

mandou13
Participant

100% agree this is crucial !! Could be cool to also add that to companies with lead status - is it also in the roadmap ?

AdamAllcock

@ybaptiste is this still currently on target for this year?

joseadiazc

Any updates on this? It's a critical step in ensuring our custom objects are being used and updated correctly! @ybaptiste 

GBalieiro
Member | Diamond Partner

This feature would be very helpful!

I'm looking forward fro this to happen.

GCasali
Participant | Diamond Partner

I agree, we really need this to use the custom objects in a better and deeper  way 

COuissi

Hello, do you have any update on when this feature will be available? It would be really helpful for us as well!

Thank you in advance for your response on this topic!

egonzalez
Contributor | Elite Partner

We need this!

danielmt

Agreeded!

danielmt

Hi,

I cannot understand why a funcionallity that the software has on its basics versions, it's not available on the expensive ones.

Pipeline Property Requirements is available on any kind of workflow on any lower pack. And we pay thousands of euros... not to have it!

We rely heavily on workflows for our business. If there's not mandatory properties on stage changes, there will be plenty of errors.

Please, solve it asap.

Thanks.

ahashimi

Recently upgraded to custom objects with the expectation that the custom object pipelines behaved the same way as default object pipelines, disappointed to learn that this isn't the truth. The inability to update stage properties and set them as required is going to cause us issues moving forward, please provide an update on the status of this feature addition, it's a necessity to scale any system using custom objects.

Adam_Zabinsky

@ybaptiste Any updates here?