HubSpot Ideas

Charmaine

Add "Time" field type for custom property

It would be great if we could have a custom field type that was for "time." 

This property would let me select the time for an appointment as well as the time zone.

It would help when trying to create workflows to trigger based off appointment times, not just the dates. 

For example, 2 hours after the scheduled appointment, tell sales to do ____, remind marketing to ____. 

Just having the day of the appointment is too broad.

89 Replies
Rezal

Would be great to have

HBruce
Contributor

Hello

This is certainly needed but I do have a slight work around for this :

I create a list of times (can be in excel) 

13:00
14:00
15:00
16:00

17:00

Then I create a new property using Dropdown Select. Then select 'Load Options', then 'Paste in your own options'.

3.png

Then paste in your times.

2.png

This will then create a drop down list of times you can select.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

Hey team,

I recently added a temporary workaround for this challenge.

Set up

• Set up 4 properties
    • "Time" - Single-line text property
    • "Hour" - Number property
    • "Minute" - Number property
    • "AM/PM" - Dropdown property with values "AM" and "PM"
  • Set up 1 workflow
    • Enrolment criteria (re-enrolment turned on for all)
      • "Hour" is known
      • "Minute" is known
      • "AM/PM" is known
    • If/Then branch - IF Minute is between 0 and 9, go to branch 1, else go to branch 2.
      • Branch 1
        • Action
          • Set property value for "Time" to "{{ Hour }}:0{{ Minute }}{{ AM/PM }}" using tokens.
      • Branch 2
        • Action
          • Set property value for "Time" to "{{ Hour }}:{{ Minute }}{{ AM/PM }}" using tokens.
  • Form
    • Add the hour, minute and AM/PM properties as a row into the form.
      • Set the hour property to have a limit to the numbers accepted
        • Minimum 1
        • Maximum 12
      • Set the minute property to have a limit to the numbers accepted
        • Minimum 0
        • Maximum 59
    • Set all 3 fields to mandatory

Result

• You'll have a form that contains 3 fields for your contacts to fill out the exact time they want, without the need for millions of dropdowns.
    • 8:05AM
    • 12:47PM
    • Etc
  • The workflow will combine the values into a single field for you to use.
  • Branch 1 of the workflow adds a 0 before the minute where it's a single digit number (0-9), otherwise you'd end up with 8:5AM instead of 8:05AM.

Limitations

• The resulting time property is single line, which limits any filtering you'd use in numbers, etc. You'd be forced to use value contains "10:" and "AM" to find times for 10am as an example.
  • There are no filters around time, so you wouldn't be able to look for "Time after 10am" for example
  • Having 3 fields requires that all the fields are filled in rather than 1. This would force you to make them all mandatory which doesn't always work out in a form where it should be optional.

These limitations are the main reasons I'd still be requesting the property type from Hubspot in the future, but hopefully it helps you all in the meantime.

Steve

Workflow actions and branch

HawkSteve_3-1664190674680.png

Form fields in a row

HawkSteve_0-1664189123497.png

Form number limit

HawkSteve_2-1664189648382.png

Prudhvi
Participant

Need this to trigger workflows to assign deals based on the time they get created. Much needed.

TPerret

Sounds really important,

LJohnson83

Definitely need! 

djhiggs
Participant

This would be awesome to have!  It actually surprises me that there currently isn't a way to enter time values from an end-user perspective.

Saqlain-Yaqoob

Much needed field type. Would help a lot with keeping track of meetings and workflows

hkfreem
Participant

We need this so badly

EnricN

How doesn't HubSpot have this yet??

NDebrosse
Participant

@shajones It would really be great if you guys could do this! How many upvotes does it take to get something worked on at Hubspot?

PGaskell

Must have for our time to call reports at multiple stages in the funnel! 

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

The last Product team update was February 24, 2022 08:25 AM - is there any update for 2023 please?

The ability to view not only Date but Date/Time format for key fields such as Create Date, Last Modified Date, Close Date etc for both Deals and Tickets is a high priority for my Pro and Enterprise clients.

SSpicer

Yes please! This is an urgent need, as it would help me monitor and manage my sales and support teams as they interact with a custom object, where we need to track response time in minutes, not days.

SLindmont
Participant | Platinum Partner

As a partner that builds custom objects for our clients requently, time is definetly something we get requested frequently to trigger on for workflows. Send a confirmation an hour before an event, send a call to action an hour after an event. This needs to be a property type option please!

JSolla

Would love to see this feature. Much needed.

JBonner1

This is a large need for us. Any update?

JLevash

This field enhancement would assist us greatly with one our customer objects. 

T43Club

URGENT!!!

T43Club

How is such a basic feature not available!!!!?!?