HubSpot Ideas

Emily2

Add "Next Actvity Date" to "Deals"

It's great that you can view Next Activity Date with Contacts and Companies.  However, we base our sales process on Deals, so it would be great if you could add "Next Activity Date" property available for deals as well.  This way it will be easy to track how sales managers take care of them.  

17 Commentaires
HMUE
Contributeur

All details are said in this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Archived-Discussion-Board/I-need-to-find-deals-which-don-t-have-any.... In particual value adding is the additional input by @Siddall. In a nutshell:

- "Last activity date" should be available within all entities that are subject to a specific sales process: Company, Contact and DEAL. 

- Some sales organisations are focused on deals, because a) there could be multiple contacts associated with a deal (so you have to focus on the deal), and b) there could be multiple deals associated with one contact (so you have to focus on the next step of a specific deal, again). 

I think this little round up would lift the efficency of Hubspot Sales dramatically.

The available workarounds turn out to be clunky as soon as you try to explain them to the sales staff.

JK1
Participant

Agreed - every Deal should have a next step and next step date. This is useful for the Deal owner as they get a reminder to execute the next step, and for reporting where a Manager can report on Deals with no next step (or a next step with a date in the past) as these need to be followed up.

DamianDavid
Membre

I agree, please add next activity date to the Deals section (even if there was a way to add correlating company and contact next activity date to the deal timeline, it would be a better way to understand where a deal is at and what the strategy is moving forward). 

erictyp
Participant

Agreed! Please add this to Deals. Most other CRMs have the ability to surface this, and our sales people are losing tons of time in deal reviews by having to click into each deal to see this.

benjaminc
Participant

Agreed as well.

Trueman
Participant

Agreed

tpsenthil
Membre

This feature will be very much useful. This is a key difference between Pipedrive and Hubspot. The task based sales improves the efficiency of sales team. Ideally any deal must have a Task associalted with it. If we can get the status of the Task associated with the deal in the deal card view it will be great. ie) Whether the deal has No task, Overdue Task or future task, if it is visible in card view it will make the life of sales team easy.

Nikki_ROBIN
Contributeur

Perhaps this is usefull to some, but I thought up this work around for now:

I created a filter in Companies to be able to see the deals without a Next Activity Date.

Filters is: Next Activity Date is Unknown (or which date is usefull to you), Associated Deals is 1 (or more). I also add Hubspot Owner to make seperate filters for all of the Account Managers. As long as the Activity is also associated with the Deal and the Company, this works. 

Trueman
Participant

This was very close to getting the report I needed but there is no way to filter out the deal stage. Back to the drawing board. 

Nikki_ROBIN
Contributeur

Perhaps I can offer another solution to that. 

You can create a custom property for Companies, let's call this 'Deal Stage'.

With a workflow you can create the following rule 'If Deal Stage (the actual Deal Stage) is 'First Meeting' than Company property 'Deal Stage 'is 'First Meeting'. 

Than you can use a filter again, to extract all the Companies with a deal in Deal Stage (Company property) is 'First Meeting'. 

HMUE
Contributeur

@Nikki_ROBIN smart approach. Thank you! Nevertheless I think that a proper feature "next activity date for deals" will fulfill ALL the needs, including the monitoring of developed, but somehow abendoned deals. Again, the important entity is "deals", because there can be different deals to a big company, adressing different contacts, having different business cases. 

Nikki_ROBIN
Contributeur

@HMUE 

You're welcome. 

Definitely agree with you, this feature is needed! 

Flo
Participant

Next activity date on deals or possibly even just see if I have a task on the deal would be great. Old sales rule "No opportunity without a task"

HMUE
Contributeur

@Flo: „No opportunity without a task“ puts it in a nutshell. Great quote. Thanks!

Helmut

Siddall
Contributeur de premier rang

@Flo - Exactly, an opportunity with no task looses the opportunity.

Simon_W
Participant

Absolutely needed!

murta
Participant

Pipidrive has a much better interface for that.

I would love to see this capability in HubSpot.