HubSpot Ideas

NGriffis

Add "Contact Owner" as option for Sender in the "Enroll in Sequence" workflow action.

Hello, our team just upgraded to Sales Enterprise so we could use the "Enroll in Sequence" actions within our workflows. We use Hubspot primarily as a lead assignment and qualification tool for our Sales team, which experiences frequent turnover, so any amount of "hard coding" names into our workflows adds up to more maintanence. There are several other areas within Hubspot where "owner" properties can be selected instead of individual names, and I feel the Enroll in Sequence sender is a prime location for "Contact Owner" to be an option. 

The best way for me to illustrate this is to describe the problem I've just run into. So here goes. 

The lead enters my workflow. The lead is assigned a contact owner via the "Rotate record to owner" action. I now wish for the lead to enter a sequence wherein they are contacted by the new contact owner. If "Contact Owner" was an option for the Sender, this would be a sustainable one-action process. However, because I have to select a user by name, I now have to step back and add an "If contact property: Contact Owner equals any of *specific user*" action with equal branches for each sales rep, and then in each branch add an "Enroll in a sequence" action with each sales rep as the sender, and then redirect each branch back to a common next step action using the "Go to other action..." action. And not only that, but if one of my sales reps leaves, or if we hire a new sales rep, I have to go into the workflow and remove or add a new branch specific to that rep. 

Sequence Sender_Add Contact Owner.jpg

This issue is only compounded if I wish to do this for multiple different Sequences, as I'll need to build out similar trees for each sequence, all with specific users and names that need to be maintained. This feature would ultimately make workflows more sustainable and less clunky. 

2 Replies
JLimber

Having this same problem, really need the ability send from contact owner.

RPeck

Having the same issue.