HubSpot Ideas

MBourdel

Add possibility to select what we want to import + add the properties in Sandbox creation

Hello, everythin is in the title

When i create a sandbox env, i would like to be able to import my properties,

and have the right to choose what i want to import anbd not import

Thank you in advance.

HubSpot Updates
July 26, 2023 06:46 AM

Hi @MBourdel , thank you for your responses! To give you more context on my questions - we are exploring ways to help you create properties during the  process of importing your data. In your usecase, once you create a new sandbox environment, this feature will enable you to (re)create the properties in the process of importing data from your old environment. The import system will look at the data you are importing and make smart suggestions about the properties needed (along with their type and options). This should let you re-create the properties you need, and make choices about which properties you want/don't want and how you want to configure them. 

I understand this is not exactly  what you described in your post, but would this help solve your problem, at least partly?

July 25, 2023 01:02 PM

Hi @MBourdel , thank you for your feedback! We are currently exploring ways to make creating properties faster and smarter during import. And would love to know more about your usecase so we can design the right solution:

• When you create a sandbox environment, and create the properties needed, do you also usually import data into it as well?
  • When you create new properties, do you do it while you are importing data, or from Settings? Are you usually creating a single property or many all at one go?

• How do you decide what property type to use?

Feel free to reply here or if you prefer discussing these questions, find some time on our calendar here.

3 Replies
shivamuthiah
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @MBourdel , thank you for your feedback! We are currently exploring ways to make creating properties faster and smarter during import. And would love to know more about your usecase so we can design the right solution:

• When you create a sandbox environment, and create the properties needed, do you also usually import data into it as well?
  • When you create new properties, do you do it while you are importing data, or from Settings? Are you usually creating a single property or many all at one go?

Feel free to reply here or if you prefer discussing these questions, find some time on our calendar here.

MBourdel

Hello,

• Yes i would like to. The aim for my sandbox env is to be a prod like (or 50% in term of data) in order to test my development before pushing them into production.

• (Not sure this will answer the question, because I did not 100% understood it) We are creating properties sometimes, but it is rare, we would accept to have to remove the sandbox and recreate when we want to reimport new fields that are in shift with prod env

• I don't see the point, we want to be abe to import all type of property, but i'll answer anyway, we decide the property type we use when we create a new one in prod by asking to key users their need.
shivamuthiah
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @MBourdel , thank you for your responses! To give you more context on my questions - we are exploring ways to help you create properties during the  process of importing your data. In your usecase, once you create a new sandbox environment, this feature will enable you to (re)create the properties in the process of importing data from your old environment. The import system will look at the data you are importing and make smart suggestions about the properties needed (along with their type and options). This should let you re-create the properties you need, and make choices about which properties you want/don't want and how you want to configure them. 

I understand this is not exactly  what you described in your post, but would this help solve your problem, at least partly?