HubSpot Ideas

garinhess

Add phone Extension field to profile phone field

Right now you can't add an extension to the profile phone number field. If you have a direct line number, no problem. But if you have an extension, such as (801) 123-1234 x125, then you are out of luck.

The QUOTE tool pulls this contact information to place on your proposals. I reached out to support and they confirmed this is a limitation right now. Pretty please fix this?!

16 Replies
craigvarcoe

100% agree. A simple number property (titled Extension Number) next to the "Phone Number" property would be great. You can still call the "Phone Number" property using HubSpot and the extension number is the then available to the user. 

cweimert
HubSpot Employee

I agree. Currently under the calling settings you can add an extension but it is not available in the profile number.

TTwinting

Formatting the extension to mirror how a typical cell phone dials would be exceptionally helpful.

oana

We really need this feature. 

CBaugh
Participant

@cweimert how do we find out where and when this is prioritized.  Seems like such a necessary add/fix as so many organizations now use extensions and Hubspot makes calling them difficult.

Larbi16
Participant

@hubspot we need this!!!

RCoutu0
Participant

@hubspot This is basic...

chilemeyer

555-555-5555;4321 should be able to be called. phone number with extension is all too common. can't believe this is left out of a contact property. any work around someone might suggest?

JOng7

This is a key piece of information any contact information.  I can not believe this was requested in 2019.   As of this date they done nothing with the request 

CBaugh
Participant

@hubspot how do we get at least some semblance of a response here?

PattyK1x

Might be time to reach out to someone in charge of Product on LinkedIn?  Sometimes that is the only way to call attention to this type of issue, especially when it is something relatively small that has not been addressed yet.

CBaugh
Participant

All - it looks like our challenge is the lack of significant upvotes on this.   I received a direct response from Hubspot:

Our Community forum team looked into this and confirmed this change/option isn't in our roadmap yet. But no worries, I've made sure to also submit this idea internally and document the impact it would have in our customers' daily work in order to give it more visibility.

So we need more upvotes to get this thing on people's radar.

MattDCO

Sad thing is this fix is SUPER easy. Adding a pause when dialing an extension is a solved problem. What kills me is I add all my contacts via the web, then can't call any of them with extensions because the app just borks the number when I try to call. This is almost to the point that I'm going to bail because it's completely unusable because of the lack of feature parity between the web and app. Even if it doesn't let you enter an extension on the phone for a little, at least don't have it break good data!

CBaugh
Participant

MattDCO - if you have others in your org who feel the same, can you have them come in and upvote this?  The more people who upvote it the more likely it is to get on the development roadmap.

CBaugh
Participant

Good news, Adding extensions is now available!

Unfortunately, the system doesn't yet use them correctly - when you try to use the app on your phone, it adds the extension to the phone number without a comma or semicolon, so the carrier thinks it's a bad number.

CBaugh
Participant

It works on iPhone!!  
I've been working with HubSpot on this and now, when you have an extension in HubSpot and you use the app on your phone to call someone, HubSpot enters a comma between the number and the extension so that your phone will dial the number, then pause, then dial the extension!