HubSpot Ideas

tomak

Add option to set "Log to CRM" in Outlook to OFF as default

There is no option to set the "Log to CRM" option to unchecked/off as default value when creating a new email in Outlook. This can easily cause users to mistakenly add confidential business partners to the Hubspot CRM contact list, if they are not very careful.

The issue here is that the checkbox for “Log to CRM” will maintain its last know setting, so if the last email you created was with the option enabled it will automatically be enabled for the new email.

Instead there should be an option to make this setting by default OFF so that no confidential clients are mistakenly added to HubSpot CRM.

The logic here is that if you want to track the client you are communicating with you will make sure to select the Log to CRM option. However if you are sending an email to a confidential business partner you should not need to double check that the setting is off for every new email.

21 Comentários
Andy_Buyting
Membro

We use Gmail at the office. For my email, I don't want to log every email to Salesforce. However along the top, when I hover over the "Log in CRM" checkbox and go to "Additional Settings", I uncheck the "Always log email to CRM". That's fine and doesn't automatically check the box. However, the next time I do want to log to CRM and check the box, it always automatically re-checks the "Always Log Email to CRM" button again. Every time.

Is there any way to permanently uncheck this box? I do not want to log to CRM, only when I check that box, and only then.

amandachaudhary
Membro

This is a critical issue for our company as well. Please implement this ASAP. Thanks. 

Tnichs
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

With the HubSpot Gmail integration, we used to have the facility to set the 'default' for the log to crm function to be either on or off.  Now that facility has been sunsetted so the default is always on.

If you send a lot of confidential emails then you would want to set this default as off.

Could this feature be put back?

doug
Membro

It has been explained that inter-company emails (with your domain name) won't be logged regardless, but it's still an issue if you send personal or confidential emails outside of your domain...say to your spouse or a friend. Who now is a customer in hubspot!

janine_hummel
Membro

Since I believe that most of the users work with the CRM System and the Outlook/Gmail Plugin with the setting "Log to CRM/Track Email" by default, it so happens that a lot of internal communication is also logged into the system. 

This should be avoided, for example by automatically disabling the tracking whenever an email adress with the company domain is used. 

mikevanegmond
Participante

Same story here - this is a must for our team before we use Hubspot's email plugin.

dorecchio
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Agree with all comments. This is an important change request. 

DanaBinPA
Participante

Not sure I can continue with Hubspot without this change. 

kparker
Membro
Agree, this is a terrible approach (Hubspot will determine *your* default). It used to keep the setting from the last email sent (at least a bit better). Sadly, I'll have to turn off the Gmail integration if you cannot get this fixed.
Kubicle
Participante

This is a significant problem for our company, it is resulting in the accidental logging of internal emails that are unrelated to sales. We will need to uninstall the extension unless a change is made in the near future. 

dja
Participante

It was not checked by default in the past. It is supposed that it should follow your last status. If it is unchecked keep it unchecked until the user decides to check it.  If checked keep it checked until the user decides to uncheck it. 

Please solve or retrofit to previous version asap.

DanaBinPA
Participante

Right dja but that does not make sense. My current email has nothing to do with my next email. And I'd rather have it always unchecked by default and have to remember to check it than have contacts and messages I don't want there go into Hubspot. If you forget to check the box you can always forward the message. But if you forget to uncheck it the data gets messy fast.

dja
Participante

I agree with you Dana, if it is one or the other I prefer the options to come UNCHECKED by default.

DanaBinPA
Participante

@HubSpot are you listening? This is literally driving me crazy. CONFIDENTIAL stuff is inadvertently going into the records in Hubspot that I DO NOT want to share with my employees. PLEASE FIX THIS

MidwestAsh
Membro

This is an vital change request to our logging and email management. 

DrewEconsys
Membro

This is causing some of my users to delete Sidekick. I hope there's a response from HubSpot soon. This should be a simple fix.

litteroddity
Participante

Mine is ALWAYS unchecked. I want to know how to default to having it checked. 

If the add-in isn't remembering the last setting, what is the fix for this?

afonseca
Participante

Please add settings for the default behavior of the Log and Track checkboxes in the HubSpot Gmail extension.

Different users seem to want different behaviors even within the same organization. Some users need to make sure the options to log/track are always on so as to not forget to record customer emails. Others only want to record certain emails explicitly in the CRM and don't want to inadvertently have personal or non customer emails recorded if they forget to uncheck.

This proposal would address both.

Proposed UI:

Record in CRM defaults

[ ] Log option checked

[ ] Track option checked

marcusyoung
Participante

I may be mistaken, but I discovered that you can turn it off last week. Click on the Hubspot Sales button within outlook. Click Settings. Under 'Log and Track Preferences' you have the option to uncheck this. You will then have to manually tick the box on each individual email to log the email.

JohnD1
Membro

I agree with all the comments here.

This a significant issue with our use of Hubspot.  Currently, we are intheevaluation stage and are happy with the product but for thsi issue.  If it is not resolved, we will not allow our staff to use the Outlook integration and, without this, we will question the benefit of moving to this tool at all