HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Add more fields to Lead Flow

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 12 votes and 76 votes.

The limitation of a maximum of 4 fields on Lead Flow forms is unnecessarily restrictive (and feels arbitrary). Why not let us choose how many fields we want to ask for?

Also - it would be very helpful to flag fields as required OR optional.

15 Replies
Bromedia

I feel just allowing the forms to tie into Lead Flow would fix this. The other suggestion is to allow surveys to be connected to this Lead Flow. For example, if a page has a high exit rate, offer an opportunity to complete a quick survey where the lead flow hosts the questions.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

@Bromedia in the background a lead flow is actually treated exactly as a HubSpot Form, that's why you're able to use them in list/view segmentation or Workflows (if you're using HubSpot Professional or Enterprise). This means that we can indeed offer the same level of field options as you get with Forms, and it's soemthing that we're working towards. We are currently pushing towards newer designs for lead flows that offer more space and a better experience on mobile, and as part of this we'll be looking to introduce support for more than 4 fields, and also completely custom fields like you get with Forms. Stay tuned 🙂 ~Shay

Elizabeth-Lui

It would be great to use current client properties like personas or even have hidden fields

willcurran
Top Contributor

@Shay is crushing it 😄

ChristophA
Participant

I fully agree to Elizabeth-Lui. Hidden fields would save time to setup a workflow.

inespimentel
Participant

Are there any estimations for when we will be able to add more form fields in the flows? For us as a company not being able to add Country makes the lead flows useless, as we're not able to assign the leads geographically to our account managers 😞

inespimentel
Participant

If we could use existing forms on the lead flows, that would be even better - ideal.

VD_of_Xgo
Participant

Hi there, 

it'd be great if you could also make it possible to use drop down fields and multiple line text fields. 
For one of our clients a lot of the emails' languages depend on the country property and that is something I cannot use (yet) in Lead Flows.

Much appreciated!

Vanessa

AnastasiaSG

Hello,

It would be great if we could use smart fields, with drop-down and multiple line text fields. And have the possibility to access to reports as developped as the CTAs dashboards.

tseuss

Yes, please! 🙂

Hubspotting101
Contributor

Any updates on this, coming up on a 1 1/2 years since mentioned more than 4 fields would be offered.  Ok for email newsletter signups and very top of funnel items with 4 fields, but if you want to use as a proper lead form for serious inquiries, just not enough fields to make it really useful.

Thx

ChrisNH

Add me to the list of folks who would like to have more than four fields in a Lead Flow. Actually, if you consider that 'e-mail address' is obligatory, you're really talking about THREE fields. I understand that a 'Lead Flow' is NOT a landing page, and I don't think anyone here advocates any sort of equivalency. However, in my case, my three remaining fields are swallowed up with First Name, Last Name, and Company. Since our sales people are aligned by geographical territory, there's no opportunity for me to add 'Country' to the list. So even adding one more field would mitigate my issue, and perhaps satisfy most of the people here. Since this thread dates back over a year with no movement whatsoever, I'm curious to find out why.

Bromedia

We have been waiting over a year for this feature to come to HubSpot. Since then, many robot chats have started to do what Lead Flow could be doing. I wonder if HubSpot fell asleep at the wheel and others will start to offer the solutions we want. A guided form flow on a landing page would be epic, but we need conditional fields and more than 4 form fields on this Lead Flow, because it is too anemic at the moment.

MSi
Participant

Same here! We need more fields!

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I just wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback really helps us build a better product.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe