HubSpot Ideas

jessewragg

Add more conditions to sections in sidebar editing

When creating custom sidebars, you should be able to make the sections conditional on any property value; not just "industry" or "life cycle stage"

Annotation 2020-04-02 191102.png

21件のコメント
timothy-h
メンバー

Agreed, I've got a lot of contacts that I segment based on which of our brands they're related to, but there's just as many contacts for whom this segmentation is unnecessary.

tannerm123
参加者

Same here. The company lifecycle stage does not work for our business model, but we do go off of company Type, which is our own property. It would be great to group/show properties based on our own custom property.

I considered setting up a workflow to match each company lifecycle stage to one of our company types, but this would fail as soon as some automated action occurs with that company, such as an associated deal being won. The Company Industry property also does not work for us, as again it does not really match our business model. 

The Conditional property grouping was a big selling point onto the Enterprise platform, and is now causing us some issues as we can't even use it. 

MatthewShepherd
キーアドバイザー

Agreed. It's very limiting to only be able to limit record sidebar section visibility (and therefore property visibility in the about section) by

• Contacts: Lifecycle stage and Lead status.
  • Companies: Lifecycle stage and Industry.
  • Deals: Deal stage and Deal pipeline.
  • Tickets: Ticket status and Ticket pipeline.

In our case, it means we are populating non-industry data into the industry field in company records as a workaround.

A few other ideas submitted with similar requests:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Conditional-Properties/idi-p/299872

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Property-settings-Records-customization/idi-p/321238

Tagging upvoters from those other threads to see if we can pool our upvotes in this one thread: @tmaslac @bridgetb @jdubois_SRFC @JPullan @Mary_Pouliot @PMarroquin @cohenp @jjohn @jcausseaux @Fifestar @Apothecary @rachelpartis @SueBK @NIC1 @robertriversoz @EnikoMajor @aguth @rensdckw 

Thanks!

robertriversoz
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Upvoted, @MatthewShepherd . The other thread has more upvotes, i would suggest upvoting both: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Conditional-Properties/idi-p/299872

kreiner2006
参加者

@MatthewShepherd  Thanks for the nudge! Upvoted all!

timothy-h
メンバー

Yeah, upvotes for days. 

oliaskew
参加者

Conditional sections do not—by definition—feel like an 'enterprise' feature in my opinion.

It's disappointing that this feature is not available to other paid plans given it could improve the object overview experience for businesses of any size that have mildly complex fieldsets.

CleanShot 2020-12-21 at 12.42.50.png

Ivansch
メンバー

Pleeeeaaaaseeee We need this !!!! It is essential that a CRM  provide enough freedom that it can respects our processes !!!!

LMcGill
メンバー

It would be so helpful to see this implemented and allow businesses to further customise records according to their unique needs and workflows.

Just one small example from my company - there is a set of important information that we need to capture from our Canadian customers and prospects that does not apply to any other country. Being able to create a section that is only visible when the country is set to Canada would allow us to tidy up and streamline the info that is displayed in the sidebar. This is just one example of many we have in our business.

JoeDavies
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

Agreed this would be really useful - similar to on deal level being able to base it on more than just deal stage, pipeline or team (not discrediting how useful all that is of of course!) - if certain key deal dropdown properties were given, we could customise the view based on deal type / region and so on for extra granularity and relevance

MPeach
投稿者 | Elite Partner

100% This is a fantastic feature that seems to be only half implemented. Lets get it fully functional!

soeren_gasch
メンバー

I'd love to see this one as well. Would like to choose a custom property for tickets.

amandafann
投稿者

Much needed on all Objects! Our use case is that we would like to have different sections on the Ticket depending on the Ticket Category. But ideally, we would want the ability to select any Property (including Custom Properties) to make a section conditional. Without this, we end up with many unneccessary sections and properties cluttering up the Tickets (and other Objects)  and the users get confused as to which properties they need to pay attention to or complete. 

DWilde
メンバー

Agree totally with Amandafann -  essential on all Objects given the excessive reliance on custom objects caused by general HubSpot limitations! Our use case is also very simple ...  if a Contact/Company is in a specific US State (custom-field) or a UK County (also custom-field) then we want to automatically assign them to a designated sales manager and a designated sub-dealer ... and from the designated sub-dealer to have a dropdown of the employee who will be handling the Deal.  This is just one of several frustrating roadblocks we are facing around successfully implementing HubSpot which is linked to its inability to select any Property (including Custom Properties) to make a section conditional. So like Amanda's situation we end up with many unneccessary sections and properties cluttering up the sidebars and other areas causing users to get confused as to which properties they need to pay attention to or complete. 

Come on HubSpot - surely it's not rocket science ....  and with a bit of focus from your developers I'm sure you can make a lot of your customers very happy and create a better product. The original post is 16 months old so hopefully you are already well-advanced with a solution ??

MatthewShepherd
キーアドバイザー

Hi all

The ability to display conditional sections on contact, company, deal, ticket, and custom object records based on select property values (all dropdown and checkbox properties - both default and custom) is now available for all HubSpot customers with an Enterprise-tier hub. More details here: 
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kyleanthonyjepson_hubspottipsandtricks-hubspot-crm-activity-682613780...

amandafann
投稿者

@MatthewShepherd Thank you to you and the Hubspot team for this game-changing update, and thanks to everyone for the upvotes! Excited to start customizing records! 

Jonno_Price
ガイド役 | Platinum Partner

Arg - such a pity this is only Enterprise. This really should be in the PRO plan and up!

VEspo
トップ投稿者

At the very least, we need to be able to base it on single text, numbers, etc where a value is present 

MrBean
トップ投稿者

There are work arounds. problem with work arounds is scope creep, clutter, and a slower portal.

Please roll this feature out. I want a card to show when lifecycle is opp and another property is true 🙂