HubSpot Ideas

Rory_Henson

Add internal chat function

Challenge: when introducing Hubspot to the team, I find there is a challenge whereby people are used to using their emails and therefore spend less time on hubspot and communicating internally on deals. 

Idea: I would like to create an internal conversation within our teams so that we can promote and emphasise action points for marketing on Deals. At the moment, the only way to do this is to 1) add @ comments which get drowned in the notifications that we have; and 2) create tasks which does not quite create a conversation about a deal. 

This could be a proprietary feature within Hubspot or integrate into Teams. I believe Slack is available, however, we do not want to introduce a multitude of tools and apps as this will no doubt confuse the team. 

17 Replies
rknight

A better Teams integration would be great.  Right now all you can really do is have it send notifications to V a channel. 

BPester
Participant

This is a great idea!

I am also looking for a plugin/ facility already in hubspot to facilitate internal chat within our company - I emphasise internal only ;D

We currently also use slack which we have integrated... Using our exsisting zapier; however slack can be a bit tempermental and to improve its useability we would need to upgrade to a paid plan which is £6/head/month!

It would be great if husbpot could create something similar to slack allowing internal communication, but also with the ability to link deals and have team specific channels conversations etc

JenNS1
Contributor

Would also be very handy to have so that we can keep our team in HubSpot environment all day. 

DLentz

This idea would make sure that all of the internal communication of our sales team would go through hubspot.

RRamgutty

It is becoming vital to have an internal communications channel on Hubspot for better teamwork. A dashboard option with a notice board where updates can be posted for the team to view it would also be great.

RMirsky

Love this idea. 

Robust tasks (i.e. subtasks, kanban boards, comments and notes, etc etc) + an internal chat feature (that ties in to all aspects of Hubspot. Would love to see the "live chat" visible and usable on all deal pages, task pages, and all other pages in Hubspot!) would make Hubspot a truly cutting edge and all in one software. 

Throw in true invoicing and bookkeeping and by God I think we have ourselves a special software!

JGizowski
Participant

I see the need for this too. Our team keeps reverting to Gamil chat for deal and ticket related conversations because it's more convienient, faster, and easier to use. 

Is there any progress on this or any simple applications (besides Slack) we can integrate with hubspot to carry out this communication function?

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

SSterling0

Seems to me that keeping our users in HubSpot as much as possible makes everyone more comfortable with HubSpot. So YES to Chat.

LeroyStaines

+1

Cbaker19
Participant

Yes!  Salesforce has Chatter which wasn't my favorite thing in the world, but at least CRM conversations stayed within the "CRM". 

str8sports
Participant

This is needed....  if ZOHO can have a chat for users then hubspot can do it....  going back and forth between google chat and/or slack is OK but keeping everyone is one environment would be ideal.    

RMirsky
I'm curious- what is your use case for using both GChat and SLACK? I use
SLACK only but I don't love it.
BStrauss11

Agree that this is needed. If you're on the phone, for example, and on the respective contact's page in HubSpot, this would allow you to remain on the contact's page while chatting internally with a team member (for example, if you need to get quick information from somebody on your team). You wouldn't have to get out of HubSpot and use Slack, GChat, etc.

Could have the same functionality as Salesforce Chatter.

GarryMill
Participant

YES YES YES YES!!! Please do this!!

RNicklin7

Yep... Definitely would be great to have this! 

GarryMill
Participant
AMEN!!!