HubSpot Ideas

dwhittington

Add form conversion page as a filter for smart lists and segmentation

For various reasons, we have used the same form template for a few scenarios e.g. Webinar signups.

From this, it would be ideal to filter by conversion page that is stored against the form submission to ensure you are emailing the contact the correct content. 

This method has saved us time from not having to create endless forms but would like some more customizability based on the fields that should be available.

Capture.PNG

Edit: This is aimed at embedded forms on non-Hubspot pages

14 Replies
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi Dominic

Would this be for non HubSpot pages? As you can set the page on HubSpot landing pages/CMS pages but I just want to clarify this as this would be helpful for non-Hubspot pages.

Being able to look at embedded forms and understand this better.

Kind regards

Nicole

dwhittington
Member | Partner

Hi Nicole,

Yeah focusing on non-Hubspot pages was the aim of this.

I'll edit to make that apparent.

Kind regards

Dom

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

Perhaps if there was an option to choose a URL where the conversion took place .

You can see that data on forms and then there is a report called conversion pages that tells you this - but you cannot see it as a list filter.

Try looking under form analytics for those specific forms. This is found under Forms>Performance.conversion_pages.png

jassie
Contributor

Hi did you find a work around for this @dwhittington ? I'm looking into a similar problem, also for webinars.

dwhittington
Member | Partner

@jassie We opted to use a few hidden fields which would then dictate how the workflow interacted - definitely not ideal but does work when tailoring content from generic forms for various reasons.

For reporting purposes, we used the hidden fields in workflows to add users to static lists for querying and then for the operational side, we've used proxy fields which can be overwritten for small interactions e.g. each time someone submits a webinar for they are registered to zoom and added to a corresponding list (image below).

dwhittington_0-1608652926523.png

jassie
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. So basically your flow is the following:

Input form field "event_date" (e.g 12/12 or 4/12) --> Property event_date_temp

Make a list of people with "event_date_temp" is "known" -->List: event-participants

First submission of form:

Check IF "event_date_temp" is equal to 12/12 flag property "event 12/12" 

Make list if property "event 12/12" is known List:  "event 12/12" (or append in 'event property overview')

Enroll all participants of "event 12/12" to Zoom webinar xxx

2nd submission

When same persons subscribes for another event the following should happen.

event_date_temp="Event 04/12" --> Flag property "event 4/12 (or append in "event property overview")Add to list event 04/12 --> Enroll in Zoom-webinar 4/12

Will be a bit of work since we have ±20 event_dates in the same form and some participants tend to subscribe for 10+ of them.

Maybe hijacking a bit this tread but will it be possible to also create a report/dashboard where you can see which dates the events were subscribed? (e.g. 10th december 50x event 12/12 and 11th december 5x 12/12). Like that we can analyse which posts/refferals/emails worked well and gave a boost in specific subscriptions.

larrymock

We use the same form on all our landing pages that have gated content. it would be nice to know the page where the form was filled so I could reply to the contact using a token that would show the page where the form was filled (which would also give a clue to the general content interest of the contact).   I found a property called "Recent conversion" but the token returns the page title and the form name and I cannot figure out a way to truncate the token so that it returns only the page title. 

ZachSean
Participant

+1 for this idea. I use a non-Hubspot CMS with Hubspot forms, and rather than have 30+ individual forms funneling into specific lists, it's extremely important to be able to filter these lists based on what URL the form was submitted on. The filter already exists, it just needs to be made available to non-Hubspot web pages.

This filter should also be made available to Workflows, as it's apparently not usable there either.

antonia_kraft
Contributor | Platinum Partner

+ 1 for this, would be amazing also when submitting through API from different pages into one form. We could minimize the developer expenses and just handle the differenciation on our own. 

MNewman
Participant

Also need this. We need to use a non-Hubpot form for our wordpress store accounts, checkout, etc. The plugin we use doesn't let us edit the CSS class so it would be amazing if we could separate the forms by URL... or at least separate them by URL in workflows so that we can set the contacts that register for our store MQLs

Qt
Contributor

Whether it's a non-HS web page or a Hubspot CMS web page, we simply need to be able to run a report that shows the count of contacts that filled out the form for each page conversion page. To do this now, it looks like I'll have to export the submissions and do this in excel 😐

DOatley
Participant

+1 for me as well. we have the same form name and "Conversion Pages". Hubspot does a good job of adding the conversion pages in a view for me but it won't let me add that metadata as a filter in the dynamic list. It would be great if it could. It would help if I could refine the dataset by adding the page view in the list filter too but this does not seem possible.

MPiontek

+1 for me We use a non-HubSpot landing page for event registrations utilizing the same HubSpot form to share with partners and need to know contacts who filled out forms on each partner page. I wrongly assumed that since HS can differentiate this in the form report, we could pull an active list for each partner based on the conversion page value. Disappointed this is not the case.

MPiontek

Viewing the form report and downloading the form submissions will include a field for the conversion page. In this case, that's all I needed; however, if you need this field associated with the record in HubSpot, you can create a custom field on the contact and upload the conversion field data to add it to each contact.