HubSpot Ideas

Chris_from_So1

Add file attachments to marketing mails

Currently only link attachments from the Hubspot data base are supported for marketing mails. Sometimes it would be more appropriate to sent the content already with the mail such that users can access all mail after mail sync without being online. 

140 Replies
harisnp_baabte
Participant

When will this change to "Planned"? Any planned date for changing it to Planned? 

AMalko

Hey Hubspot! Any update to when the attachement feature will be developed? 

marcus_lambert
Member | Partner

+1 from me would like to use transactional email add on to send invoices pdf.

Seem like a no brainier, all the other transactional cheaper email platforms have it sendgrid, maailchimp, mailgun etc.

GailFindlay
Participant

+1!

For clients - would like to follow up with a handout (many are requesting) that is specific to the city they are in.

hkaraman

+1

STastan
Contributor

Would really appreciate this function. I need to include a personalized PDF in over 1,500 email campaigns - each campaign contains several personalization tokens pulling data from our Salesforce integration, and would be deployed through the iframe integration within Salesforce, via a predeterminded workflow. Thank you!

MichaelR77

MichaelR77_0-1650366463242.png

FFS.. What's the point of upvoting if HS doesn't do anything with it for 5 years?

janfinn

Wanting to attach .ics files so we can create a webinar workflow and send the calendar invite in the marketing email as it will automatically show up on their calendar when  a .ics file is attached.

Without this we are really struggling to use hubspot automation for webinar sign ups. Hoping this feature can be built soon.

pkuona19

@janfinn I ran w webinar recently and had to use https://www.addevent.com/ to create add "click to add to calendar" feature to my email. I created a button and added the link to the button. Link redirects to AddEvent page for the webinar with options to add the event to supported calendars, which are pretty much all the popular calendars.

janfinn

@pkuona19 Thanks for the tip. That looks like a viable option. All the best!

gigitdev

This feature really needs to be higher on the priority list.  We are forced to maintain a completely seperate email service simply to serve the emails that are sent for receipts, tickets, etc.  

Is there a reason this has been ignored for years?  It shouldn't be that much effort...

pkuona19

Agreed @gigitdev!

VWeirauch
Participant

Really really need this to send client BOLs with automated shipping emails

WWeatherall

This would be a great addition to what already is a great tool.

skhristich

I'm waiting for it

SWalton-Smith

+1

CMarschan

Also upvoting this idea. Looking forward to the day when attachments can be added also to workflows.

jhoynes17

In our case, we have salespeople on the road using their mobile devices to forward some of the leads generated from our HubSpot forms (RFQs in particular) to third parties (Distributors) that are not set up in HubSpot. Our salespeople aren't able to download the attachment and add to the auto-email to then forward on. Ideally they would like the auto generated email to have the attachment included as a PDF and not a hyperlink.

Current state: Attachments in Hubspot are only viewable via a URL link provided in the email that is sent out to designated Hubspot users.

Desired state: Attachments in Hubspot can be provided as a PDF in the email that is sent out to designated Hubspot or non-Hubspot users.

Is it possible to have this be a custom configuration? Or, how it can be implemented with a work-around? It would be ideal if this could be an enhancement to the marketing hub. 

Thanks!

JGiancaspro
Participant

Adding attachment as a feature is a fundimental form of email that we use day to day. This should be an added feature to hubspot marketing emails in the next upgrade. Although I understand there are spam concerns, it should be included for the user and hubspot's job to monitor spam score on a case by case basis if it causes an effect. 

VGraham3

Agreed! It's strange that you can add an attachment for 1-1 emails (~1 min video tutorial on that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SDxjvQ9Xhs), but not for group emails (as of Sept 2022)