HubSpot Ideas

Chris_from_So1

Add file attachments to marketing mails

Currently only link attachments from the Hubspot data base are supported for marketing mails. Sometimes it would be more appropriate to sent the content already with the mail such that users can access all mail after mail sync without being online. 

140 Replies
aiz1
Participant

This is key.

Marsharks
Contributor

We are not really using Marketing emails, but are forced to use Transaction Email in order to access the Email API.  We want to use HubSpot to send internal notifications generated from our system. For example, we sell heavy equipment which our For Sale List changes often.  Not like an auction site though, but imagine if it did.  We generate the For Sale List as a PDF personalize for our Salesman and we email to them individual so they can email clients.  Because HubSpot doesn't allow attachments on the email to our internal salesman, we have to maintain two systems.  We simply want to create an email, attach the personalized PDF (has the salesman contact at the top) and then email the sales man.  "Hey Mr. Salesman, attached is the latest For Sale List for you to use".  This saves each Salesman going into the system and generating their own PDF.

SDooren

+1

mposner

This would be a great addition

tomdebakker

So neccesary, unbelievable that this is still not possible after so many year. Specially with al the phising emails containing false links.

In my case I want index mails attached with Validsign signatures.

UAcademy

+1 Would love to be able to add attachement to emails sent through automated workflows

JElcombe
Participant

How is this not a feature already?

+1 from me, make it happen guys, come on...

ATasbas

Hubspot selbst versendet auch mit Anhang. Also sollte das kein Problem sein. 

CSchmitt7
Participant

+1

CRowlands

+1

harisnp_baabte
Participant

Must have feature. No one will click on the link and open our brochures. We want to send the brochure as attachment. 

BartVDK
Contributor

Well, I plus-oned the idea a while ago and with so many upvates one should think why this hasn't been made possible. Well there are of course a few very valid reasons : 

1. Sending an attachment with a mass mailing is a serious strain on the mail-servers (imagine sending an attachement of 10 MB to 30.000 users).

2. Security : an attachment can be anything... including a virus

3. Mail-server health : no idea if sending to much attachements lowers the rating of the mail-servers but I can imagine that it does

I have been thinking if you could limit the possibilities (for example only allow PDF-files to be attached, size-limit, amount of recipients allowed) it might work, but I think we should just accept that sending an attachment with a mass-mailing is simply not done. Make sure that your email is engaging, make people wanting to click that download-button (or better : to a page where the person can consult the docuement without downloading it) and live with it. A good read is this article that explains why you shouldn't send attachments in general (even in 1-to-1) : https://www.getaccept.com/blog/email-attachment

I know this is not what people in this thread want to hear but I think that we should forget about adding attchments to mass-mailings. It's simply not a best practise. 

F-Brito

BartVDK, you have some valid points, but this can be solved with things you already wrote.

For example, only allow PDF of maximum 500KB with a cap in sent emails per minute. It is better then not being able to send anything at all. 

This issue goes beyond than making the content engaging. In Hubspot, this same function is used for the "Transactional emails" feature. This limitation prevents sending PDFs for invoices, order confirmation, etc. For example, sending invoices as attachements is very important for automation, specially in B2B where the PDF is automatically saved by the customer's  system when it reaches their inbox without human touching. 

BartVDK
Contributor

Well, I think we managed to send mails WITH attachment using the Hubspot transactional SMTP service but don't quote me on that.... I just remember our developer being surprised that his test worked (I don't think we use it in the production environment). Is there someone who can confirm that using the SMTP-API allows you to send transactional mails with attachements here? The standard Hubspot user-interface doesn't allow it (but then again, that's mass mailing even if you qualify it as transactional).

FMarino
Participant

Please reconsider your idea not to plan this in your developments.

As it's already been said, it's pretty common to have to attach an invoice/receipt to a transactional email.

We are a power&gas company and as an example, by law we are obliged to send directly in the communication (as an attachment) the new contractual agreement from time to time. A link or a download link is not the same and must not be used.

MSpurlock

+1 - Yes please.

njpeterson

+1

Would be great to be able to send a customized service receipt that is automated through the HubSpot ticket system or when a form has been filled in.

GCollins97

A slight extension to this idea - if you could attach, rather than link images for marketing emails, the default outlook behavior to block images would be cirumvented.

Can you pls add? Happy to discuss

BHalary

+1 ! It will be really useful 

DVirgin

Being able to add attachments to marketing emails would be extremely beneficial to my company as we have a range of marketing material that supports us closing a sale. Pleae implement this ASAP 😀