Add email to CRM record button

I would like to see an enhancement that enable being able to capture inbound emails in HubSpot with an "Add Email" button, similar to what Salesforce already has in place for MS Outlook desktop and Office 360. The current Hubspot method to capture email contents is lacking, as we need to reply to the sender (with the bcc email address includes) or forward to the Hubpsot forward address, which is not the best option. We already have two Hubspot ribbon items, one of which seems to have no purpose, so why not have a simple button that allows us to add an email to a contact & company record with the simple click of a ribbon button?

HubSpot updates
15 Replies
Latchy
Occasional Contributor

HubSpot - this was submitted a year ago, has a load of upvotes, but we've heard nothing from you.

Almost all competitors have this simple function, yet it seems too hard for HubSpot.

Happy to keep taking our money, but not doing any useful product development, eh?

Latchy
Occasional Contributor

Pathetic that still nothing close to a decent decision. I'm paying for this and cannot easily record emails or get even basic bloody reports.... and I thought Salesforce was **bleep**...

mariehusoy
New Contributor

We NEED a button in HubSpot add-in for Office365 that says "log this email" and allow us to pick the contact manually. Lack of this feature is HubSpots largest weakness - fixing this would solve SO many problems.

Now, if logging is turned on, we have no control where the e-mail goes if multiple recievers and it results in massive spam inside the CRM. If logging is off, BCC and forward is such a manual job and we still have no control of where the mail is saved. Would also give the opportunity to save e-mail correspondance with coworkers about a company/deal/ticket on the correct contact - not on my coworker, which happens if BCC/forward.

Lastly, the forwarding does not work if subject is not in english - which in our Norwegian company never is. This way Hubspot can not fulfill the purpose it was bought for.

Should not be hard to implement simple button saying "log this spesific email"  and then picking the right contact.

Latchy
Occasional Contributor

and still we wait for what in most systems is a basic function...yawn..

Latchy
Occasional Contributor

All they need to do is look at how products such as Salesforce do this.

HubSpot is not as good as they made it out to be. Paid version of Zoho is looking like an option.