HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Add deal properties to email personalization

In emails you can add fields from Contacts and Companies, but not from Deals yet. Adding deal information is critical to setting up internal notifications.

68 Replies
roarkjanis

This is critical to have when a deal reaches Sold stage in order to notify accounting, operations, and others who must act on the newly sold deal.

cmorgan2
Participant

We have the same issue here, and it is liable to make the management team choose a different CRM if I am honest.

Desperate for a fix or workaround for this!

My current potential workaround is to inject crucial information such as unbound deal information into the contact record using existing APIs

"Hi [contact name] you created these deals: [XXXX,XXXX,XXXX] within the last 60 days but did not complete sales process"

Another suggestion which has been made by external advisor here is to use the transactional email functionality, but imo this is tantamount to us sending the email from the API application itself...

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/email/transactional_email
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/email/transactional_email/single-send-overview

There is also at least one  thread on this on the dev pages as well so hopefully it makes its way in soon!

https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/building-out-functionality-to-push-deal-properties-into-email-templa...

mverburg

Any status on this HubSpot? It would be really helpful in our email templates! 

t-youri

In our template we need many properties information from deals , BUT actually we are obliging to copy-paste one by one.

If you implent this possibility we can use template efficiently and send many mails with using workflow.

We could save a precious time.

Thefunnelmaster
Participant

This is of upmost importance to our use of HubSpot.

Anu
Contributor

Deal Properties in notification emails will help me send 'Amount" booked. This is a big motivation for the team. 
It is very difficult to "explain" why I can have some information on the email and cant have the rest. It just makes me look bad. 

Jrahn38
Participant

I agree with everyone who has posted here.  Being able to get personalized deal tokens is really important.  I'm surprised that Hubspot has not resolved this already.  I hope they take care of this soon. 

Jdoublefizzle
Member | Partner

Please add deal description token. 

tomsedgwick
Contributor

I'm really surprised this hasn't been fixed. It needs to be done asap so we can send our customers automated emails using email templates with deal tokens.

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks -- deal personalization tokens are now in beta for Sales email templates and snippets. If you're interested in signing up for access, please submit your account information here: https://designers.hubspot.com/deal-personalization-tokens-beta 

If you are most interested in deal personalization tokens for marketing emails, you can sign up on the form above as well and we will notify you when it becomes available.  

CraigBailey
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yay! Just signed up.

Looking forward to testing this.

Jrahn38
Participant

So, apparently, this cannot help me yet.  Not until we can also have deal tokens in the marketing platform. 

My goal was to create a workflow in sales that sent an auto email upon a deal being moved to closed.  This auto email would have deal information on it for all internal parties such as customer success, billing, management. 

Well, I can create the template with deal tokens in the sales platform but I cannot attach it to a workflow.   The Hubspot customer success team said it's not possible to attach the email deal template to the workflow because email templates come from the marketing platform. 

When will the deal tokens be available for the marketing platform??   

Anu
Contributor

Jrahn38 Thank you for explaining the problem so well.  I have the exact same issue as Jrahn38.
HubSpot team please fix this. Workflows are important! 

EricT

Jrahn38    I had the same issue. I solved it with a work around. Basically I used Zapier to API the variable fields into an email template and set the zap to execute when the deal stage is set to closed. In Zapier you can set up multiple email addresses to receive the deal information.

Toff

This functionality is something that would drastically help. Was extremely disappointed that this isn't native right now. In all honesty - it's pushing us to switch CRMs.

spogue
Top Contributor

Using Deal tokens in email templates would help us internally alert managers when deals are created or deals move stages. This is a far superior way than the "follow" functionality recently implemented for a contact. Looking forward to Deal tokens in emails. 

mollymetzger
Contributor

Thank you for working on this. I would love to include Deal Personalization Tokens in marketing emails too. 

Right now I'm trying to make some order confirmation emails, and I want to include the name of the product that the person purchased. 

Eumari
Contributor

Hello!

I was creating new templates and realize there are categories for personalization tokes now, deals included. This is awesome. Thanks Hubspot for listening our prayers. Some of them don't work properly yet but I am sure you are working to fix this 😃

Thanks

spogue
Top Contributor

That's great @Eumari! Unfortunately I still do not see it in the Marketing emails personalization tokens section even though we've signed up for the beta. 

Rickhteed

This is crucial. We're creating a deal against a contact and then should be able to send those details through to marketing and customers. Should be core.