HubSpot Ideas

kaburke

Add custom font into the tool as a dropdown option

A lot of my customer's have custom fonts for their website.  Would it be possible to have the functionality whereby a customer would add their custom font and the 'back up fonts' to a tool in the settings which would then add the custom font as a drop down option at page level to avoid the need to add the custom font to the stylesheets?

22 Replies
katie
HubSpot Product Team

We're currently working on a few ways to make adding custom fonts easier, although having them appear in font dropdowns is a little farther off. However it's something we are planning on making possible in the future!

Hubmate
Contributor

Hey Katie, are there any further details you could share about this please? Do you know if google fonts will be supported? It would be super helpful to know if there a very rough release date for these new font tools 🙂 🙂

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hey there, 

Google Fonts is definitely something we're looking to support as a first step. I would roughly estimate that it will be available in a limited capacity within the next couple of months. With that limited capacity, we won't support every single Google Font, but we will support many, and we would have those Google Fonts only available in the Design Manager to begin. We would expand that access out to other parts of HubSpot over the next few months after that.

Hope that helps!

Katie

Hubmate
Contributor

Thanks Katie, that's more info than that I had hoped for. That's really great news, looking forward to using the module. Sorry last question please, do you know if there will be font weight options for the Google fonts?

Thanks for the info,

Steve

katie
HubSpot Product Team

The plan is to support at least bold, regular weight and italic to begin. More granular fonts would potentially come in later iterations.

Katie

Hubmate
Contributor

Hello Katie. Wondered if I could be annoying and ask if there is any more news on this? 🙂 Promise to ask no more than once a month.

Thanks,

Steve

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Steve!

It's taking a little longer than expected, but we should have it within the next month!

Katie

Hubmate
Contributor

Thanks Katie.

It's a fact of life that these things always take longer than expected! Looking forward to seeing it in production, along with smart content for modules.

Steve

Hubmate
Contributor

Hi Katie,

I'm back to be annoying and check if there might be an update on the font selector field? Understand if there nothing more to show yet 🙂

Steve

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Steve,

Thanks for keeping me honest 🙂 We are SO CLOSE. Who knew fonts could be so complicated? But it's going to be totally worth it. And going back to your earlier question, we are planning on supporting different font weights right out of the gate, but only for modules created for pages and blog. 

Katie

Hubmate
Contributor

Thanks for keeping me updated Katie Smiley Happy Great news about the fonts.

katie
HubSpot Product Team

At long last, we have released the font field for custom modules! What's more, the font selector field contains Google Fonts! This one's for you, Steve!

This move to support font selectors and Google fonts is just a first step in getting more font options out to many other places in HubSpot that use text editing, so stay tuned!

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hubmate
Contributor

Hey @katie, hope all is well.

I was just wondering if there are any plans to the integrate the font fields selector into Settings, perhaps under Website or Email? It would be really helpful if custom modules could make use of variables outside of the modules themselves, then customers could control fonts for their website and developers could reference their font selections with {{ site_settings... }} etc.

Thanks as always 🙂

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Steve,

There are some technical limitations to supporting the font field in rich text, so we're looking at a few alternatives currently. I do agree though, that it feels like a natural next step to have rich text supporting the same options as the font field does. There are a few things that we're working on now that we aren't able to announce yet, but that get at this problem at a higher level. Stay tuned!

Katie

alexqrd

Hi!

Just posting to hear if there has been any update on this?

This feature would save me a lot of time and hassle when creating our landing pages and emails and feeling secure that I am using the correct fonts. I am really surprised this feature is not readily available for such an 'advanced' tool.

Kind regards

Alex

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Alex,

We do now have a font field that you can use in custom modules, but are you hoping to have more fonts available in all rich text modules as well? If so, where do you typically source your fonts? Google Fonts or Adobe Typekit? Or another service?

Thanks!

Katie

Are
Participant

Hi!

Should be able to add our font (a Google Font) here (in rich text editor / blog content).

Will this be possible soon?

Font.PNG

JReeve

Hi - is it possible to add a Google Font to the Font drop down in the rich text editor per the screen shot in the post above?  Or are their intstructions on how to create add a font field in a custom module? 

Many thanks.

LisaSchuberth

Hi!

Are there any news regarding the dropdown option for custom fonts? It would be much easier to design landingpages, if we had that option.

Best regards,

Lisa