HubSpot Ideas

ds_cv

Add contact and/or company timeline activity to deal from workflow

I've set up a workflow that creates a deal in our sales pipeline when the lead status of a contact is changed.

The problem is that the timeline activity/emails from the contact or others from the company is not synced automatically with the deal in the pipeline. This means that we spend a lot of time reviewing deals and manually associating emails and activities to deals.

For me, this basically defeats the purpose of having a workflow to automate this process.

If you create a deal from the contact record you are given the option to "Add timeline activity from [contact name] to this deal starting from [time period]" (as seen below).

My product request is to add this same functionality to associate contact and/or company activity to a deal from the "Create a deal" action in a workflow.

Thanks 🙂
HubSpot Create Deal.jpg

33 Replies
billy_medusa

Subscribing!

chronomics1

Yep we need this as well!

Chris23

This is a critical need for us as well.

Breno
Participant

Yes!! This would help us a lot as well!
I also like the idea sent by Caroline-thrm because the default option when creating manually is something our sales team always ask for.

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Following up to let you know we're currently working on this feature: the ability to sync the timeline activity of the associated records when creating a new deal or ticket in a workflow. I will update this thread again when more specifics are available.

Thank you!

Megan

Allicat

Yes, please! This would be so helpful!

Currently need to create deals for 400+ contacts. It would be insanely tedious to create all of the deals manually.

KatAddison
Participant

Yes please! This would be so useful

rodrigotooge

Totally agree! This basically defeats the purpose of having a workflow to automate this process.
Please work on this feature!

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

This feature is now in beta, please reach out to your success manager, or send me a direct message with your hub ID, if you'd like early access, otherwise, this will soon be live to all!

Best,

Megan

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone!

This feature is now live to all. You will now find all record creating actions (depending on subscription - tickets, deals, companies, custom objects) under an upgraded Create Record action. This action now also includes the ability to sync the timeline activity of associated objects. Please let me know if you have questions or feedback 😀

add timeline activityadd timeline activity

Breno
Participant

Thank you so much guys. This is a feature which is already helping us a lot!! You are the best.

Uusteri
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Absolutely great feature! Helps sales get an overview of previous activity when deals are created through the automation platform. Will it ever be possible to associate the Marketing activities from the contact timeline to the deal created? Would be great to see the website activity and marketing email activity in order to align Sales and Marketing even better. 

This would also help Sales to open the conversation based on their previous website activity.

Thanks!

BBauw

Totally agree! Would be great to see the website activity and marketing email activity in order to align Sales and Marketing even better.