HubSpot Ideas

ds_cv

Add contact and/or company timeline activity to deal from workflow

I've set up a workflow that creates a deal in our sales pipeline when the lead status of a contact is changed.

The problem is that the timeline activity/emails from the contact or others from the company is not synced automatically with the deal in the pipeline. This means that we spend a lot of time reviewing deals and manually associating emails and activities to deals.

For me, this basically defeats the purpose of having a workflow to automate this process.

If you create a deal from the contact record you are given the option to "Add timeline activity from [contact name] to this deal starting from [time period]" (as seen below).

My product request is to add this same functionality to associate contact and/or company activity to a deal from the "Create a deal" action in a workflow.

Thanks 🙂
HubSpot Create Deal.jpg

33 Replies
caroline-thrm
Participant

Yes please! This goes hand-in-hand with my request to be able to select "default" Contact/Company activity associations for existing Deals, since you can already do so with manually-created new Deals.

jhcolowrap

Complete agree with this request. Without this functionality, the value of being able to automate deal creation is entirely lost if you need to have contact / company records be assocaited with the deal ...

StephThy
Participant | Elite Partner

YES I AGREE! I currently have a contact workflow set up to automatically create a deal based on a contact record, but we also need this functionality to copy over logged meetings/calls/emails to the new associated deal record.

Zach3

You have to add this feature!

ds_cv
Participant

@StephThy yeah 100% , meetings/calls/tasks/notes/emails. I could imagine some might want the web analytics and workflow activity but that's less of a priority for me.

Just had a saleperson recently leave our team who had been logging calls/meetings with leads on the contact record but these activities weren't synced with the deals they were associated with in the pipeline.

Here I was thinking he wasn't doing anything the whole time when he was actually really active...but not manually associating everything back to the deal. Smiley Indifferent

Had to spend a whole day going through 250+ deals and the associated contacts/companies to check for activities and fix this.

tkiyama

Totally agree!

gakupai

I also agree with this request.

catarinacorreia
Contributor

Please!! we need this so baddly!

heathern

I agree. We are also running into this problem. We have a workflow that auto-creates a deal but still need to look at all of the previous activity up until creating the deal. 

DevinRZC_DM
Participant

This would make all the neat features you offer tie together. Many of us would immediately implement this and it would have a big impact on sales enablement and being informed. Having to continuously customize and manually comb through our deals to inform our sales cycle is counter-intuitive these days. 

MylesF

"For me, this basically defeats the purpose of having a workflow to automate this process."

AGREED

RachelDME
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes, having the option to have 30 days history is great, but not having it as an option when creating deals through a workflow is not helpful at all.  Any time saved by using a workflow to create a deal is then lost in frustration going between deal and contact records.

Artzain

Very much needed ! Shouldn't be that hard to implement...

Gregor_v_G

We have exactly the same topic. Would be great to have this feature. Does anyone know a possible workaround for this problem?

PFmiranda

I have exactly the same problem. Please add this functionality or else it doesn't make sense to automate deal creation.

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback! We're currently investigating our options and ability to enable this requested feature. I will follow up when we have more information.

Best,

Megan

jameseob

Hi, do we have a resolve for this issue yet, The customer completes a form on the website, but this information stays in the contac when the deal is automaticaly created meaning the sales team then have to go the contact details to see what the new deal is about. 

James

valentine1

YES we really need it also. For Sales efficiency , acitvity compliance and deal follow up. 

Do you have a timeframe for implementation please ? 

Thank you

Valentine

bethkowalewski

YES!!! We need this feature too as it defeats the purpose for automating a deal when the sales team have to go in to see the history.

Please let me know once this is set up 🙂

AnnaM

I completely agree that this is a huge no-brainer for something that should be included in workflows.

All my deals are created based on a workflow that is triggered off customers booking through meeting links. If I can't associate the meeting that triggers a deal to be created with said deal, there isn't much relevant information to build the deal off of.

I look forward to seeing a future solution for this.