HubSpot Ideas

tdlb

Add call duration as a field for manual call logs

ISSUE: 

Currently automatic call tracking tracks 'call duration'. This data is visible for reporting and data analysis for calls made through HubSpot. 

While there is an option to log calls in HubSpot that are not generated through the HubSpot call functionality, there is no option to insert the estimated call duration of the call. 

Due to this missing field, only automatic calls are utilised for sales performance reporting in HubSpot. 

RECOMMENDED SOLUTION: 

Add a field for estimated call duration so that sales teams can add in the estimated amount of time they spent on the phone call. This will allow for manual call logs to be considered in the call duration reporting for data analysis on sales performance. 

36 Commentaires
mattSD
Membre

(sidenote: we use Kixie to place/receive our calls and have integrated their app within Hubspot)

I came here to request this same feature. I guess I'll add my 2 cents on why this is so important. Many high velocity sales organizations track reps' performance based on calls made and talk-time (call duration). As such, it's important that these number be accurate and wholly reflect the reps' efforts for the day/week/month.

Currently within Hubspot only calls/call durations are logged when the call is recognized as belonging to a number associated with a contact in Hubspot. But what can happen is a rep places a call to a contact's number, leaves a message and the contact calls back on another number (not recognized by Hubspot). In those instances, it's as if the call never occurred. The rep may talk to that contact for 30 minutes, which greatly impacts their talk-time KPI, but the data is lost in Hubspot so their actual talk-time (and calls made metric) isn't accurately reflected in Hubspot reporting.

SOLUTION -  if it was possible to use the 'Log a Call' feature to manually notate that call occurred and add 2 things:

• Assign the call activity to the appropriate rep
  • Add the duration of the call

By being able to manually 'stuff' a call that did occur into a contact record AND make sure that data is reflected in Hubspot reporting, it would allow managers to retroactively update Hubspot reporting to accurately reflect these edge cases.

johnsd
Membre

I agree with mattSD's idea above. 

DannyBooton
Membre

Completely agree with the previous comments.

Productivity reports on calls are totally null & void without manual call duration being possible. 

Hani
Participant

Agreed ! We have been searching the community and documentation because we we sure
it must be possible to at least add the end time somewhere. We have been using this in other systems.

There is already the option to select the time when you enter a log manually. Why stop there?

I think the best solution would be to give users both options of either adding start and end time

in which case the duration is calculated automatically or enter the duration directly.

MattPutt
Contributeur

Agree with the suggested solutions above. It would also solve an issue we have...

Our team need to make a lot of international calls, these can not be made through HubSpot so have to be logged manually, we would also like to add in the duration for the same reasons mentioned above (reporting, analysis etc.).

Thanks.

WeAreInbound
Participant | Partenaire solutions
Is it possible to introduce Logging Duration Call with Mobile App or other systems? Actualy works only with Calling directly from Desktop Calling Function.
agiacomin
Membre

Is it possible to introduce Logging Duration Call in the Call Logging?

Thanks

kerrym13
Membre

A start and end time for manual call logging would be great thanks!! Otherwise it's not counted in metrics / dashboards so not very useful.

bethanyp
Membre

Yes! My team would love this! 

We are hoping to track how much phone support is provided to various clients, and what duration. We have account managers here spending 5-10 hours weekly on calls with certain clients, and this information may impact pricing structures or allocation of client accounts to specific account managers. 

JosephRichards
Membre

Our team uses Productive Call Assistant. You can connect your Hubspot account to the App, and automatically have your calls, details, notes, etc., logged to your fields in the CRM. They also have all these features like in-call voice-notes, searchable transcripts, and a screen pop when a call comes in, which shows you your CRM notes before you answer the call. Cool stuff... and it solves any manual data entry as per your inquiry 🙂

dgarciabtte
Membre

Completely agree with the previous comment. (MattSD). we need it!

NMacleod
Membre

Yes please, need this.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi, 

commenting for a customer here.

When logging a call, currently we are not able to type in the estimated duration as many others above has mentioned.

However, this is crucial to see the productivity of the reps and it is not always ideal to have to call through HubSpot portal.

Would love to see this come to fruition, update soon please!

jpence
Membre

We could use this funtionality also 

as421
Membre

yes agreed, pls fix.

raghavsharma
Membre

Hi HubSpot Team,

Would like to know you that can you please add a customize call duration option in the Log Meeting option, as whenever we will go to log a meeting, we do not have any option to change the timings as it is decided already or was there by default so please make it possible.

Thanks in advance !!

dbirnkrant
Membre

I left Salesforce to HubSpot and I am SO incredibly disapointed to discover this frustrating issue which is SO basic and clients have been complaining about for YEARS. Change the duration drop down in Meetings to 1 minute increments (especially for legal purposes where it's customary to mark time by 6 minutes) and add that SAME duration to the "Log a Call" so you can manually list how long calls are that happen outside of HubSpot. This should be a slam dunk for the dev team. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dbirnkrant
Membre

I left Salesforce to HubSpot and I am SO incredibly disapointed to discover this frustrating issue which is SO basic and clients have been complaining about for YEARS. Change the duration drop down in Meetings to 1 minute increments (especially for legal purposes where it's customary to mark time by 6 minutes) and add that SAME duration to the "Log a Call" so you can manually list how long calls are that happen outside of HubSpot. This should be a slam dunk for the dev team. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dbirnkrant
Membre

I get that it's extra development but it's SO basic. HubSpot wants to be the easier system to use for marketing and sales teams. HOW are you unable to report on duration of activities? How do you provide a field for Duration on Meetings but NOT allow it to be pulled into ANY REPORTING?! WHY would you limit your customers from logging manual time for calls? It's nuts. NUTS. Why won't you fix this? 

dbirnkrant
Membre

I get that it's extra development but it's SO basic. HubSpot wants to be the easier system to use for marketing and sales teams. HOW are you unable to report on duration of activities? How do you provide a field for Duration on Meetings but NOT allow it to be pulled into ANY REPORTING?! WHY would you limit your customers from logging manual time for calls? It's nuts. NUTS. Why won't you fix this?