HubSpot Ideas

SBoylan

Add boolean NOT filter to custom report filter

[please note this is SIMILAR to https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/FEATURE-REQUEST-Add-Boolean-Operators-to-filters-quot... but is still distinct: I am referring to the custom report builder, the other request is for the filtering on the object overview page]

Please add the ability to use "NOT" boolean logic to the custom report builder. It is impossible to exclude specific combinations of, for example, deal properties and sales activity properties.

Concrete use case in my current example: I need to review Sales team adherence to policy in terms of adding an explanatory note when a deal stage is updated.

It is currently impossible to say

IF

"deal stage changed last xx days"

NOT IF

("sales activity = Note"

AND

"Sales activity date in last 31 days")

Without this ability I am forced review all deals with stage changes to ensure compliance.

Who is this for? Anyone who needs to be able to combine filters across object types, to produce accurate results.

The value should be clear: this allows automated reporting, which saves time and eliminates manual review.

Other examples: well yeah - big evil SF can do this. So can most programs which claim to support boolean logic. For wahtever reason HubSpot claims to support boolean but has only implemented 2/3 of the standard operations (AND, OR, NOT)

1 Reply
nc_3manfactory
Contributor | Diamond Partner

More NOT function throughout HubSpot would be great!