HubSpot Ideas

tonyriyash

Add associations while logging call from the mobile app

How about having the option of choosing the association i.e deal that this call was made in regard to, once the "log a call" page layout appears in the mobile app? There can be multiple deals associated with the same contact and associating the calling activity to the right deal will create a way to track the activity on that particular deal. Making a call from the contact profile of the app, records the calling activity under the contact page. We would like to be able to add the calling activity in the relevant deal page instead. I know there is an option to choose "associations" under the relevant deal and choose the contact and call through that profile, to log the activity in the deal page instead (in the desktop version). However, the problem arises when the sales agent is unable to remember the name of the deal, but he MOSTLY remembers the name of the contact and searches under the contact directly. We are very particular around monitoring calling activity across each of the relevant deal, to track/manage the activity of the sale agent, and this will be very handy in the case of having different deal owners. 

20 Comentários
OnsiteSolutions
Membro

I find it strange that when you log a call from the contact via the desktop that it automatically link it to open deals. 

However when you do this from the app it does not and you can't even change it. 

For us its crucial that a call with a contact is linked to the open deal and can't imagine that more sales rep have this problem.

MichielTE
Membro

Totally Agree

ShanB
Membro

Agreed, with website version automatically assigning activity to an open deal, it is clearly a worthwhile feature, so to not have this happen within the app makes no sense (or even have the ability to manually do this/edit). We have sales reps who balance time on the road and in the office, so to have different processes for them to follow, depending on what they're using, opens up a lot of opportunity for error. Not to mention, to have to manually link activity when actioned through the app, at a later date, adds to much waisted time, and it's very easy forget to do this. This is really impacting our sales team's effeciency and their ability to do their job.

klarx
Membro

very important for us, pls prio this

Qat
Participante

Every sales rep sees this as an issue. It is highly needed to see the made calls on company level as well!
Every sales rep will not come here and upvote, you might just ask around to find that this is a no-brainer.

radapop
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

+1! It would be helpful to log calls to associated company records automatically when using the mobile app to call a contact

Status atualizado para: In Planning
vishnu

Hey all - we will be looking at how calls are associated with contacts, companies, deals in more detail next year.

Question - in addition to associations, what else would you like to do once you wrap up a call on your mobile device?

BJones1
Membro

Yes, it would be great to know my sales reps, who are on the road a lot, could call from the app and it log with everything we have associated the client with. So if they use the app to call, it associates with the company, the client, AND the deal. Right now, it only associates with the client and company (even though the deal is associated to both client and company). I can change it manually from my computer but it's hard to track down which specific client was called, and will take time between several sales reps making many calls. The deal page, for us, is the most crucial page for it to be on. This would not only be efficient for sales reps but also sales ops.

markcurling
Membro

We would like calls made through the mobile app to associate with deals - at the moment we get associations from calls made and logged through the browser, but calls made through the mobile app are missing unless we manually associate them, which is painful.

VCraig0
Membro

Totally agree - it is crucial for us to associate calls to deals and contacts (company great too), but with the app there is no option to do this.  What a functionality fail.  Please fix this Hubspot; it effects too many reports and automation functions on the pipeline that are based around last customer activity.  Sales spend their time on the road, they need to log calls on their phone, this was made by someone who only ever uses desktops.. for a sales function it is severly lacking.  

GSchuiringa
Membro

Hi "production team", 

You have marked this aspect as "Status updated to: In Planning". 

This is a year ago, would appreciate an update. 

THis having in mind for example the substantiation by VCraig0 Nov30th last year. 

regards. 

MrChris
Membro

I woud like to add to this as well. Our sales team would find it very helpful to be able to associate deals automatically with the calls they're making through the HubSpot app.

JSherman
Membro

I'm having this problem as well. I and my fellow sales team members work in the office and on the road. When we are making calls from our cell phones, which is all the time, those logged calls don't show up in the deals. Management cannot see what is not logged into a deal. Therefore, deals can slip into inactivity when that is far from the case. I wonder how many of our reports are **bleep** up because the calls are not tracked. This is an urgent problem HubSpot needs to fix.

degreesight_dc
Membro

HubSpot, please don't plan for 1.5 years on something that should be less than a week or R&D + testing...

onCallComplete

if (Contact.isAssociatedToADeal) {

associateCallToDeal()

}

JSherman
Membro

@degreesight_dc If the solution is as easy as that, holy smokes! You need to be on the development team. 🙂 I cannot see how this fix is difficult either. Our CMO said something about them having issues with VOIP in general and logging calls through it. We didn't pick a new VOIP provider because, according to our guys, none work globally and with HubSpot, and in the manner we'd like. Do you see anything around that?

degreesight_dc
Membro

@JSherman Honestly, yes it should be this easy. From what I can see, the general capability is there within the Node SDK they have. Of course it would take more than just 4 lines of code, but from a pseudocode standpoint, it would be a straightforward `on event, find this thing, save that thing` - the algorithm could be a single function and most likely would be less than 20 lines of code, total.

I haven't had an issue at all with their VOIP service overall, other than this tracking issue. Sorry. 😞

That said, there are a few great auto-dialers that integrate natively with HubSpot. I've looked into PhoneBurner and Kixie both in the past but didn't have a direct need for either:

https://www.getapp.com/it-communications-software/auto-dialer/w/hubspot-crm/

JSherman
Membro

@degreesight_dc Thanks so much for the explanation. I figured it was a little more involved. Based on what you said, it sounds like 'little' is the operative word!

This just seems like an elementary function. We sell a pretty niche product, so autodialers aren't a thing for us. However, traveling on the road and seeing people, the need to log my calls is so critical. There needs to be a more robust app for Hubspot that acknowledges the needs of road warriors like me. I have some pretty good ideas of what they could do if they want to call me.

Thanks for actively participating in this thread and issue, friend! HubSpot keeps getting better, so I'm sure they'll figure this issue out and SOON. The more this thread is active, the more attention it will get. Hopefully.

JDijkstra
Membro

Hi,

Is there any progress in this feature? It would be a very helpfull adition.

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
AAlvarez

Hi everyone - thanks very much all for your feedback. From end of last year the team released the ability to make calls through HubSpot calling from mobile. With this release we upgraded the post-calling logging screen. This enables now to manually associate any logged call with other contacts, companies, deals and tickets. This is available for not only calls made through HubSpot calling but through your regular phone provider as well. 

We hear you that the end goal is to be able to do so automatically. This is something we are currently reviewing and hope to bring in soon. Stay tuned to future updates.

Thanks

Alberto. 

Status atualizado para: Delivered
AAlvarez

Hi all, I am very happy to announce that we have added the ability to automatically add pre-assigned associations to the displayed logged call screen right after a call. No need to remember anymore what deal or company is that contact associated with as we now automatically populate that in the log screen. If you wish to ammend (add or remove any associations) you are welcome to through the corresponding '+' button, which will load the list of records to be associated with. 

This feature is available for both Android and iOS platforms.