HubSpot Ideas

KSoenandar

Add associations to the Search API endpoint

Can we please add the ability to include associations to this API endpoint https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/search?

It's ridiculous that you can use the associations of an object as a filter but you can't retrieve it as part of the API call. 

8 Replies
dsmarion
Contributor

Why has this never been updated I wonder?  I want to upvote this as well.  I have to search for a deal based on a feed from my client that does not include the ID of the deal (dealId).  And what I really need to get to is line items for that deal.  I would like to do that in a sngle call, but I can't because Search the CRM will not return associations.  I always want to minimize the number of API calls my apps must make to complete a process.  This can't just be important you the two of us.  Please HubSpot, make this happen!  Thanks as always...

Yel-o
Contributor

We have the same issue so it's very weird that HubSpot has not done this. 

JMRocchio

Yes!  Agreed!  Need this feature! I'm trying to figure out how to make this as easy as possible with the least number of API calls.

dsmarion
Contributor

@JMRocchio Right now the only way I have found to do this as efficiently as possible is to perform the search for deals, create an array of Deal IDs and then batch load the associations from the array of Deal IDs.  You have a to take into account you can only batch 100 at a time so you may have to make one call to do the original search and then 1 call per 100 IDs to get the associations.  Then that only gets you the association record, not the actual object.  If you need info from those assocations you have to do another call to get the actual associated objects.  I wish they would consider this idea to make it a more viable solution.

COSmith
Participant

Hi - can someone from HubSpot please confirm when we can expect to have this functionality? Not having this makes the search API for certain objects effectively useless. I see this as being a major defect in your API.  

EDuBois5

It's honestly absurd that this still has not been addressed. Can someone from hubspot please respond here and confirm whether this is going to be provided?? 

snehal268
Participant

I am also struggling with the same issue, Can anyone from @hubspot team look into this issue?

unassocialable

Bumping this as well. The current methods are only workable while the data sets are small. Otherwise, I don't see how the solutions are scalable.