HubSpot Ideas

kaburke

Add anchor link to button

I am aware that we can add anchor links to CTAs as outlined here and that there is a solution of using the header ID and # in the inputted URL however for those that don't have code experience and do not want to use a CTA it would be great if we gave this option as we do here. 

Relevant threads: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Any-way-to-create-an-anchor-link-in-a-button-Such-as-with-a-CTA/m-p/282904

23 Replies
katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

We are reviewing this idea internally. I'm curious from the folks that have expressed interest in this: are you mainly hoping to add anchors to your CTAs on HubSpot pages? Or would you also want to add anchors for CTAs that are embedded on non-HubSpot pages?

Thanks!

Katie

kaburke
HubSpot Employee

@katie from my experience with customers it is for anchors  on HubSpot pages 🙂 

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for confirming! I will check into this.

Paula
Participant | Partner

Hi there @katiep - I'm jumping on this thread because it's currently being reviewed and somewhat relevant.

We'd also like to add Anchors to Forms. Some templates just have a "select form here" field and no surrounding rich text module. You can add rich text to the form itself for titles or whatever, and I'd like to add an anchor to that so the user is taken straight to the top of the form. There's no user-friendly option to add an anchor in rich text modules in forms, and every time I try to sneak it in with code it tells me I've "provided unsafe HTML".  

Thanks!

Jennaeloise

Hi team! Just jumping in here as I'm trying to do this too. I was hoping to link from a button to a form further down the page.

lodonovan

I've just started getting into Hubspot landing pages and it would fantastic if I could add an anchor link to a button without having to reload the page. 

akokkone

This is a very necessary feature, I'm hoping it will be added.

NHurst

same here! new to hubspot and thought that for sure it would be easy to add an anchor to a CTA. Seems odd that this wasn't a feature already. 

TAdventures

a MUST have!

CTolfree4

100% would like this for actions on videos and other CTAs 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi team! Just jumping in here as I'm trying to do this too. I was hoping to link from a button to a form further down the page.

LPearce7

Absolutely, has anyone been able to do this, I'm trying to link a button to a CTA further down the page. All help and advice much appreciated. 

Jfallon86

Has this feature been added yet? Looking to do the same now. Have a 'contact us' button on a landing page and the contact form at the top. Reloading isn't the solution we want - this may skew traffic figures and just isn't a good UX.

TSNicole
Participant

I'm also interested in this option. I have a CTA button lower on the page, and I simply want to push people back up to the form on the top of the page. Thanks.

DOverin

Chiming in from Feb 2023 to confirm this would still be a great feature to have!

MusicMarketer78
Participant

Definitely would be a great add!

bhascher
Contributor

It is already possible to add an anchor to a Button or CTA. Just put in #anchorlinkid to the External URL field and it works. However HubSpot adds the whole URL and refreshes the page when you click on it. This is not user friendly ofcourse. I guess adding a specific Anchor option to a Button or a CTA, and having an option for smooth scrolling would be awesome. We would love to use anchors but because of the bad user experience of its current implementation we aren't.

lwilliamsnha
Participant

Just confirming we have been trying to do this as well - both on HS and non-HS pages with embed code. The way it reloads the page creates an UNfriendly UX and is not usable. 

CHansen85

Hi,
Has this idea of adding an anchor to a CTA button been fixed? I cannot find anymore info on this and this should be sth HS can fix fairly easy?

NRyan

I would like to +1 this idea. Offering an anchor link option for use on Hubspot pages is a MUST ADD! We encounter this issue frequently.