HubSpot Ideas

MDGeis

Add an option to inherit a company's address information when adding a new contact.

When adding a new "contact" record, I'd like to see an option that would allow the "contact" to initially inherit the address information of the "company" being associated with. We recently entered nearly 500 companies, then a second team started identifying and entering contact persons for each company. We hit a snag when building our first "list" to do a physical mailing and saw that none of the contacts contained any address information. After researching, I learned that "companies" and "contacts" are unique and do not share address information. It would save a lot of time, if when adding a new contact, there was an option, "Allow this contact to initially inherit the following parent company address information." along with checkboxes to select the info." Such an option wouldn't necessarily need to permanently tie together the company and contact address information (although the choice to link the two would be nice). This would eliminate the need to manually enter each contact address when it is known to be the same as its associated company. I understand there is a "workflows" tool that could possibly copy information between company and contact, but to go from paying $50 per month to $500 per month, is a huge cost.

1 Reply
mktgqueen
Contributor

We would LOVE to have this as well.

However, I do have a bit of a work around for you.

Once the company information has been entered, you can do an export of the data and then import that contacts with that same information.