HubSpot Ideas

CodyDuda

Add an Option to Automatically Turn off a Workflow at a Specific Date and Time

If we set up a workflow for a temporary period, like a sale or promo, it would be great to set an expiration date so the workflow will shut off automatically and messages do not continue to send past the expiration of the offer period.

For context, I'm on my company's marketing team, and this would be very useful when we run promos.  It will reduce human error in remembering to go back and shut the workflow off after the promo, ensuring messages don't go out to customers after the offer is no longer available.

We had this functionality previously when sending emails or in-apps from Intercom.

23 Replies
finn
Top Contributor

+1

cherman

We need this ASAP

LAhrens

This would be helpful when running event based workflows. We sometimes forget to turn off the workflow, cauing an out of context email to go out after an event.

AStutesman6

Yes, please! 

AKérisoré

+1 ! ASAP ! 

CarolineZ

+1 for the same reasons mentioned above! 

SIvanov

+1, we are really interested in this feature

Beata_W

+1

MarkdeLange
Top Contributor | Partner

Is it possible to combine this idea with https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Schedule-workflow-expiration-date/idc-p/639706#M11369... so the upvotes are added together?

LPoupet
Participant

yes we absolutely need it, today we need to turn off the workflows manually, at the risk of forgetting to do so... we hope Hubspot product team will take this idea into account !

ChristianF

Commenting to also boost this idea to the Hubspot ideas team. This would be a great feature, especially for companies that want to run campaigns for sales on products and such.

dbd11

Also need this for sending one-time sales promos or email campaigns

cl021

Currently, I am manually turning off finished workflows once a week - would be great to automate this to free up time. Thank you.

SROUSSEAU

+1

PatJMullin

Bumping this as well, just had to go through a massive purge of old automated emails and workflows that had been set up by my predecessors, and a basic workflow expiration would have prevented a lot of emails going out to folks when they shouldn't have.

SDorsman

+1

Uyen_Le

+1 to this as well. It would save so much time and brain capacity for me and my team to have this feature, as we are running quite a lot of time-limited workflows for promo campaigns or webinars.

CSamp

+1

SBlocq
Contributor

Same problem as many here, we sometimes forget to turn it off, and sometimes emails are accidentally sent long after they were applicable.

dbd11

We figured out a workaround in the meantime. 

for the entry rules, just add "Contact Create Date is before today" so no new contacts in the future can ever get it. 

it's a failsafe basically.