Add ability to set a contact to a Marketing Contact from directly within their contact record

BSheck

This would just be convenient to be able to change Marketing Contact Status directly within a specific contact record.

8 Replies
djc225

i cant beleive this isnt included.  Way too cumbersome to go back to main contact list to change a contact property.  

BSheck
Participant

@djc225 I agree! I was surprised to discover this limitation, but HS Support confirmed it cannot be changed except by going out to the Contacts and selecting the contact and changing the status. Would be nice if they could add this functionality to a contact record!!

jonmacdonald
Participant

Please add this feature – seems like it would be in Hubspot's benefit to do so anyways, as it would further encourage folks adding more (Hubspot revenue generating) marketing contacts.

SimonS
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes! Much needed!

My customers don't understand why they need to switch to the main contact page, search/select the contact and just change the status there... Way to complicated.

NLagrou

Any feedback from Hubspot on this issue?

I agree this would be handy. Now I always have to go back to the 'all contacts' overview, search for the contact and set this as a Marketing contact. This is not very user-friendly.

evanweisenfeld

Totally, the current approach is frustrating. If you are on a contact record, you should be able to change this. You shouldn't have to go to contacts and search for them again to then change it.

NicoleJ

On behalf of a customer: This would be great, for each sales person to set each contact as they enter them, to be a marketing contact or not.

BSheed

Little stuff like this stops me from recommending the software to my friends.